Mo Ibrahim will go down as the best Gophers running back since...

Ski-U-Ham

Reaction score
Solid 1st half. Where does he project in our all time greats?

Somewhere between David Cobb and Amir Pinnix?

I mean, it's an easy answer - David Cobb. They have different styles, but Mo is the best since Cobb. Cobb had a lot of games where it took him a while to get going. But Mo, he's ready to go right away. He always hits the right hole, he never gets pushed back...he's just a monster

Any chance he pushes Maroney/ Barber? I see similarities with MBIII. A tad smaller but the same ruthless running style.

Any chance he pushes Maroney/ Barber? I see similarities with MBIII. A tad smaller but the same ruthless running style.
Maroney for sure was faster than Mo. Don't get me wrong, Mo is a great college running back but he's not as good as Barber or Maroney. He's maybe a tad bit better than Cobb.

I think he'll get his shot, just like Cobb did.

I think he has a better work ethic than Cobb. He is compact and leans forward. Great possession and 3rd down back

I think he has a better work ethic than Cobb. He is compact and leans forward. Great possession and 3rd down back
I guess I don't know how I could judge work ethic since I'm not watching practices and the weight room.

I do think Mo is a tiny bit better than Cobb. Cobb had a knack for falling backwards for an additional 2 yards on every run.

I guess I don't know how I could judge work ethic since I'm not watching practices and the weight room.

I do think Mo is a tiny bit better than Cobb. Cobb had a knack for falling backwards for an additional 2 yards on every run.

The rap on Cobb in the NFL is that he wasn't working hard enough and lost his spot. He also had an injury that didn't help one year.

Mo has great power, Balance, reads blocks well, takes care of the football and also is a dang good lead blocker. He’s also been durable
He lacks top end speed and isn’t super shifty
Right in there with Cobb I would say. Maroney and Barber were a step or two above that. Brooks and Smith I would put just below.

Mo is a great power back and has really good vision. He played his arse off and so did the offensive line. Those guy's really got after it and played like they wanted the smoke and the win. Mo knows how to find the crease and is a winner. He seems like a stronger version of Rodney Smith.

Last edited:

David Cobb... you have company! Although the new sherif in town is on a bad team.

Cobb. He isn’t elite like some others mentioned here. But he is very good

Tough to say where he will rank all-time but he is probably going to be up there among the best ever at the school when it is all said and done.

Was excited to see what he would do this year and he has not disappointed through 2 weeks.

Top Bottom