Mo Ibrahim Cut By Lions

Mo getting hurt again is rough. I assume he ends up on IR for the season which should at least net him a solid pay check from the Lions. If he gets healthy quickly and is released, I'd honestly love for the Vikings to give him a look and that's a completely non-homer take. The Vikings could use a definitive runner behind Mattison who is capable of keeping the offense on schedule by limiting the negative runs (a reason why Cook is gone). I am not sure that is Chandler and it's certainly not Kene N.

Unfortunately it's been kind of a rough preseason for our Gophers in the NFL. I am worried about Esezi's spot on the Vikings as he's been playing to the final whistle in both preseason games which is not a great sign (in addition to grading very poor per PFF against the Titans). On the positive side, Thomas Rush had a very good first preasason game and Jack Gibbens looks like potential starter for the Titans. Schlueter was already waived/injured by the Vikings a few weeks ago.

Mo may become more popular once some RBs start getting injured.

The nature of the position is such that he could be the guy you spend your #1 waiver pick on in Fantasy Football by week 14, when he's suddenly starting in place of Derrick Henry for the Titans.

I fear Ibrahim is damaged goods.
NFL GMs see all RBs as having a limited life span as productive players so if they are going to take a chance on a rookie to fill a roster spot it is going to be one with fresher legs.

NFL GMs see all RBs as having a limited life span as productive players so if they are going to take a chance on a rookie to fill a roster spot it is going to be one with fresher legs.
Guys like him can be league minimum so if there is talent there, they'll always have a spot. That is no risk for a team.

The Lions offered him $100K guaranteed to sign as an UDFA--this will not be Mo's last chance to make an NFL roster.

The Lions offered him $100K guaranteed to sign as an UDFA--this will not be Mo's last chance to make an NFL roster.
We’ll see. No one jumped at the chance to draft him and no one jumped when he was released. He missed seasons due to injury in college, carried the ball 1,000 times, and got hurt again in camp. There are other guys to take flyers on….

Mo was released on August 26, 2023 with an injury settlement.

We’ll see. No one jumped at the chance to draft him and no one jumped when he was released. He missed seasons due to injury in college, carried the ball 1,000 times, and got hurt again in camp. There are other guys to take flyers on….
Also guys who catch the ball and play special teams. He was a great back for the U though

Top Bottom