Mo Ibrahim back with the Lions

i-want-you-to-get-the-word-out-there-that-we-back-up-the-wire.gif

I think he had injuries back in camp so it sounds like he's healed and ready to go

He was signed to the active roster for today’s game. If he got hurt, that sux.
Hurt on a Ko return down 0-35, apparently his first touch in the NFL. Someone posted video of it in another thread. Broken femur maybe, or knee. Either way his season is over. Life is not fair.

Edit: Lions say HIP injury.

Hurt on a Ko return down 0-35, apparently his first touch in the NFL. Someone posted video of it in another thread. Broken femur maybe, or knee. Either way his season is over. Life is not fair.

Yeah with angle of his leg looks like broken or dislocated hip. Don’t know if he’s ever going to be able to come back from this one. Really tough break for a great guy and ambassador for MN as well as general idea that hard work can pay off

Hip dislocation from the articles I see. Painful, but hopefully not too bad to recover from.

Is that different from what Bo Jackson went through? Bo never properly recovered.
Oh I have no idea, and I didn't look at what recovery is like, just made and assumption that it was better than tearing an ACL or his Achilles again...

Likely NFL career over. Most in his situation get one chance to make an impression. Tough break!

Iirc, Bo’s hip dislocation was missed, and during the injury the blood supply to the head of the femur which was disrupted. This ended up causing a condition called avascular necrosis of the head of the femur (the bone dies), which meant he needed a new hip. I’m a PT but haven’t ever seen a hip dislocation in a young athlete, but I would imagine ~6 months at least, especially if he needed surgery.

Top Bottom