MN United 2021 Playoff Run

ecoperson

Reaction score
I see that we are posting 2021 season and playoff discussions in the 2020 thread. Let's start a discussion for this year. United has beaten the Timbers twice earlier this season. Can we get a third victory against them in 2021 in the Rose City?

Two Mostly Non-Obvious Key's for the Game:
  • Will Trapp. Yep, Will is key. His defensive play allows Rey et. al (e.g., including Gasper and Métanire) to go forward. He needs to clog up the middle of Portland's attack. If you watch Trapp off the ball you'll really start appreciating what he adds to the team.
  • Our international players aren't spent by participating in World Cup qualifiers -- specifically Lod and Métanire. They'll be doing a huge timezone shift going from playing these qualifier games to travelling to the Pacific Time Zone.

Breaking News - MN United goalkeeper Tyler Miller has tested positive for Covid. He will not play in the playoff opener today.

Dayne St. Clair will be in the net.

game begins in about 30 minutes as I type this.

Loons sh*t pants. Film at 11.

What a pathetic effort. they got the 1st goal of the game and just quit playing.

I think they need to shake up a few positions for next year.

Loons sh*t pants. Film at 11.

What a pathetic effort. they got the 1st goal of the game and just quit playing.

I think they need to shake up a few positions for next year.
Definitely. They need a Forward, a midfielder, a central defender, and possibly a left back.

It sounds like they're looking hard at a Brazilian forward and a Honduran midfielder. Two obvious positions to upgrade.

It'd be nice to get them signed and ready to play to start the season. What happened last year wirh new players was a joke.

It looks like Gregus is also gone. We all knew it, and the team will be better without him.

It sounds like they're looking hard at a Brazilian forward and a Honduran midfielder. Two obvious positions to upgrade.

It'd be nice to get them signed and ready to play to start the season. What happened last year wirh new players was a joke.

It looks like Gregus is also gone. We all knew it, and the team will be better without him.
If Heath is the one picking the striker, I have no confidence it will be a productive signing. Pretty telling that Adrian is the 4th longest tenured coach in MLS with nothing to show for it. Wouldn't be surprised to see him enter the top 3 now that he is confirmed to be back for 2022.

New to GH, still learning the site. Let me know if we have an offseason/transfer thread but sounds like we are getting Reynoso back for preseason and they are going after Amarilla to add forward depth. He'd pair nicely with Hunou I think

New to GH, still learning the site. Let me know if we have an offseason/transfer thread but sounds like we are getting Reynoso back for preseason and they are going after Amarilla to add forward depth. He'd pair nicely with Hunou I think
We have one now :clap:

Top Bottom