MN Sports Curse or Coaching?

What/who is responsible for the Gophers loss today?

• MN Sports Curse

Votes: 28 63.6%
  • PJ Fleck

Votes: 16 36.4%

• Total voters

Definitely a curse. We've had many coaches at both football and basketball come through, same result. Twins have had 3-4 managers since TK, same result. Vikes have had many coaches in franchise history, no titles. Wolves had had many coaches since expansion, only got out of playoffs once. Wild have had numerous coaches, only 1 Conference final. North Stars never won it, many coaches. It's a curse on our state. This isn't Fleck's fault, he's the latest coach in the line of many in many sports.

Has to be a curse because everyone on the forum said the facilities was gonna be a game changer. They’ll be enjoying their Quick Lane swag in those facilities now!

Definitely a curse. We've had many coaches at both football and basketball come through, same result. Twins have had 3-4 managers since TK, same result. Vikes have had many coaches in franchise history, no titles. Wolves had had many coaches since expansion, only got out of playoffs once. Wild have had numerous coaches, only 1 Conference final. North Stars never won it, many coaches. It's a curse on our state. This isn't Fleck's fault, he's the latest coach in the line of many in many sports.

+o4

I don’t know what else other people are saying
Coaches got the team out playing Iowa today and then people want to get rid of the coaches lol

We deserve every loss with how dumb our fans are
We deserved this loss in the first quarter, when on 4th and 1, we are going to go for it, then burn a timeout to decide to punt. thank Gawd, we had that timeout to think about going chickenshit!

The coaching of this outfit is an embarrassment when it comes to clock management.

Since Gary Anderson missed that kick and left 9 year old me crying into a pillow, I do not believe I will ever see a Super Bowl win for Vikings and I extend that curse that I will never see a Big Ten championship for the Gophers.

The Gophers have a freshman QB, marginal WRs, and a stud running back having a career day against a great defense.

I didn't like a couple of the 4th and 1 punts/FG tries, and I would have let them score at the end. I don't fault the staff for continuing to call running plays when they were working so well.

It's incredibly rare to dominate a game like that on the ground and only end up with 10 points and a loss. The Gophers were doing their thing that wins practically every time they can do it - run the ball and control the clock. But Iowa got crazy lucky in critical moments. I bet if you ran the computer numbers this was the most unlikely Gopher loss in many years.

Last edited:

MN sports lol, first two football games I've watched from the start this season

MN sports lol, first two football games I've watched from the start this season
Shocked it took a Vikings blowout and losing to Iowa to get you here.

In MN, we have the literal opposite of bandwagon "fans".

Top Bottom