MN High School football

dylan64

Reaction score
I went to check out a high school scrimmage at Eden Prairie this morning. EP, Woodbury, Rochester Century(Central?), MPLS North, and Irondale all attended. No formal scores or anything, just each team running around 20 plays against each others 1st and 2nd teams.

Jimmy Gjere looks like a men among boys out there. Taller and bigger than everyone, and no one really challenged him.

Lamonte Edwards looked really good at RB. Very fast and tough to bring down. He also played some outside LB/DE in woodbury's defensive scheme. Didn't seem to have as much of an impact on the defensive side of the ball.

Eden Prairie looked very solid, but I'm not real familiar with any of there players, so I don't have too much to report. Seems like they have about 2-3 strong fast RBs. I actually liked their 2nd string qb over their first string (though I don't know their names).

Finally, Mpls North has a ton of athletes. I came away real impressed with their qb. Anyone know who he is? He was making some real nice throws and was super athletic running the ball as well.

You mean really good after they've recovered from getting beat up by the smaller school to the east/southeast again?

Only reason thats been happening is so we can get into the wright conference. How else do you explain our star TB sitting out? Blowout on Friday. U gonna be there?

Only reason thats been happening is so we can get into the wright conference. How else do you explain our star TB sitting out? Blowout on Friday. U gonna be there?
Well, you were right about the blowout part.

Also some quick info from the Fargo/Moorhead area...Edina played Fargo South last night and won in OT...game could've gone either way. I thought both teams looked pretty good, although a ton of penalties on both teams. Minnetonka totally rolled over Fargo North, but I didn't stay for that one, I knew that would get ugly. It was a double-header at the fargodome.

Two time defending AA state champ Caledonia took St Charles to the woodshed last night, 80-0. Honestly, another run at a state title could be in the works for the Warriors. It was 29-0 about 3 minutes into the second quarter and the finished just shy of 500 yards offense. Yea, St. Charles isn't great, but 80-0 is stellar.

Top Bottom