MN Daily: Opening day motivating football

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Daily:

Opening day motivating football

Minnesota head coach Jerry Kill said he’s seen his players work harder in spring practice each and every season.

This year, he thinks there’s a reason the team is raising the bar again.

“I think TCU has helped us in that situation because we’re going to open up with them,” Kill said. “And our kids know what a challenge that’s going to be.”

The Gophers open their season hosting the Horned Frogs, who finished last season No. 3 in the Associated Press Top 25. The game will be shown in prime time on ESPN .

“It’s really set the tone for the offseason,” Kill said to the crowd at Chalk Talk. “This team understands when we line up on prime time TV opening day of college football and play TCU, you better have [had] a good offseason.”

http://www.mndaily.com/blogs/upon-f...orts-share-new-info-chalk-talk-tour-comes-end

Go Gophers!!

Man it's only June 6 and I can't wait!

TCU is going to be a huge challenge. After last year's end of the year disappointment for them they are going to be really motivated. But they aren't going to catch us by surprise this time and we'll be at home. Anything is possible. I really want this one. Should we be able to pull off the upset, I'm concerned that we might lose focus against Colorado State.

TCU is going to be a huge challenge. After last year's end of the year disappointment for them they are going to be really motivated. But they aren't going to catch us by surprise this time and we'll be at home. Anything is possible. I really want this one. Should we be able to pull off the upset, I'm concerned that we might lose focus against Colorado State.

One thing is a certainty, the Gophers as a team has gotten better and better each season.

I like the quiet confidence that this team possess.

Should we be able to pull off the upset, I'm concerned that we might lose focus against Colorado State.

This is the most Gopher Football Fan response of all time. 3-months from the game and already finding a possible downside of what would be an incredible accomplishment.

Top Bottom