MN Daily: Jerry Kill aims to continue third-year magic

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Daily:

Kill’s 19-year head coaching career has been a series of success stories, highlighted by dramatic improvements in his third seasons at different schools.

His previous two teams — Southern Illinois and Northern Illinois — improved by six and three wins, respectively, in his third year. In both cases, his team won 10 games and its respective conference.

That track record has raised expectations this season for a Gophers program that has finished 2-6 in the Big Ten in back-to-back seasons. The Gophers improved their overall record last season from 3-9 to 6-7 and made their first bowl game since 2009.

A bowl game might not be enough this time.

“Our expectation is a Big Ten championship,” said senior safety Brock Vereen. “I think anything less than that and you’re selling yourself short.”

http://www.mndaily.com/sports/footb...r-magic?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Go Gophers!!

Brock has bought in.

Hope the team is able to reach his expectations.

Sent from my PLAYSTATION PHONE using tapatalk

You win a big ten championship and I will buy you a house, Brock.

one would swear that brock learned at the foot of the brew...

Good point. Aim low. Northwestern went 3-7-1 and 2-6 in the BigTen in 1994 losing 46-14 vs. WIS, 49-13 vs. Iowa, 45-17 vs. Penn State. Not like they were ever going to accomplish anything in 1995.

Top Bottom