MJ Anderson in the transfer portal

Odd timing. I hope he is OK and this is a football decision not a family or off field situation.

More likely he's already left campus with Thanksgiving coming.
So you think he'll just withdraw from classes and not get the credits for this semester?

You do need to keep making progress toward your degree each year, to remain eligible.

Guess it will be a big courseload in spring and summer semester.

That said, you have a chance to play in a rivalry game that's possibly for a West Division title in one week. and you turn that down?
If you're not from Minnesota or Wisconsin, the Axe means very little to you.

From a Gophers perspective one aspect I haven't seen anyone bring up is I hope this doesn't hurt our recruiting efforts in the Saint Louis area. D'Vion Harris was in MJ's class also from Saint Louis and he has also transferred out of the program. One class later we had Itayvion Brown (same high school as Harris) who also has transferred out of the program.

Agree. STL to MSP is a natural, and "only" an 8 hour drive on mostly freeway, though not interstate. Granted, you go right through Iowa City on the way.

Hoping it was just guys getting antsy to start playing/starting and wanting to go elsewhere.

Some of this is covid too, "screwing up" the order of how soon guys graduate. Maybe that adds some extra churn to some of these classes.

So you think he'll just withdraw from classes and not get the credits for this semester?

You do need to keep making progress toward your degree each year, to remain eligible.

Guess it will be a big courseload in spring and summer semester.
He'll probably do what all other non-athlete students are doing this week. Home for the break and then back for finals.

Bummer! Hope everything is okay for him and he finds what he’s looking for! Was a good looking player on the field, but thankfully from a team perspective we’ve recruited the position well!

Good point. Could be the team left him so to speak .
Or he could be looking to leave next semester for any number of reasons. Practicing this week but wanting to start to look at options with the spring semester starting in January for some

Team would allow them to practice and play this week, with the announcement already public?

Would think/hope not.

Team would allow them to practice and play this week, with the announcement already public?

Would think/hope not.
Yeah once you make that announcement I’m pretty sure the only team related activity you would be involved in would be handing in all your gear.

Interesting that Anderson and Cheney have not made any public statements (at least as far as I know) about their decisions to transfer. Might lend some credence to the idea that this is perhaps related to something off the field. But that would just be wild speculation with nothing to back it up.

Perhaps already has ideas about destinations and wants to be ahead of the process. Suspect the portal will be overloaded next week

Most teams will be seeing players joining the portal. Welcome to the new reality

Interesting that Anderson and Cheney have not made any public statements (at least as far as I know) about their decisions to transfer. Might lend some credence to the idea that this is perhaps related to something off the field. But that would just be wild speculation with nothing to back it up.
Right.

Players usually make graphic Twitter posts, thanking the fan base, coaches, looking forward to the next chapter, doing what's best, consulted my family, etc etc.

Thought this was interesting to look at, a lot more players than I had expected in the portal in the middle of the season. I can't believe the number of players that enter in the middle of the season. I scrolled until I got down to Curtis Dunlap found several 4* players in there along with plenty from the BIG.

Thought this was interesting to look at, a lot more players than I had expected in the portal in the middle of the season. I can't believe the number of players that enter in the middle of the season. I scrolled until I got down to Curtis Dunlap found several 4* players in there along with plenty from the BIG.
Badgers already have 8 in the portal. Surprising to see how many are already in there. But assume it will really explode after this weekends games.

Looooooooool

Weak as F. Almost feels coerced.

Compare that to:

Just looked back at his offer list.

compared to how well he played when given the chance (i thought he should be starting)

either he did something bad or he knew he should be starting but coach wanted hum to wait till next year

Just looked back at his offer list.

compared to how well he played when given the chance (i thought he should be starting)

either he did something bad or he knew he should be starting but coach wanted hum to wait till next year
We rotate guys in and out along the D-Line, does it really matter who is the first guy on the field that much? I don't have snap counts but it sure seems like when healthy MJ was on the field a lot.

Not like he was stuck on the bench holding a clipboard.

When a player puts himself in the transfer portal do they lose their training table? access to Athletes Village? I assume their scholarship is honored through the year. In my humble opinion when a player decides to leave the team their team privileges should end.

When a player puts himself in the transfer portal do they lose their training table? access to Athletes Village? I assume their scholarship is honored through the year. In my humble opinion when a player decides to leave the team their team privileges should end.
Their names are removed from our roster immediately. Can’t find any stats or info on them. It’s like theyre completely erased from memory. Having said that, I’d assume they’re no longer allowed in the state of Minnesota. Most likely deported within 24 hours of their Twitter announcement 🤷🏻‍♂️ PJ don’t mess around.

Top Bottom