MJ Anderson in the transfer portal

I guess Otomewo might come back. That would soften the blow. I would think Mafe will enter the draft though. As for the second guy, good thing the depth has become very impressive, with two more four stars joining the group.

Has this been confirmed beyond whatever tf "gopherscoop .com" is?

Couple folks posting here like they pay for GI. If so, so be it, just want it from an actual source.
Confirmed for MJ from multiple sources, including pioneer press.

Damn. If there is another DL, then I wild guess (pulling straight out of my ass) a team rules violation. Allowed to "leave gracefully" via portal.

I have a feeling there will be several more of these announcements on Sunday.

Well yeah, after the end of the regular season.

Why a week early?

Damn. If there is another DL, then I wild guess (pulling straight out of my ass) a team rules violation. Allowed to "leave gracefully" via portal.
Probably have no say on if he enters the portal, but Fleck hasn’t typically commented much on transfers.

Well, maybe it is nothing more than trying to get a "jump start" on what is sure to be a huge wave of portal entries at the end of each season.

I imagine they are finishing the semester of school. That'd be truly idiotic if not. Either that or maybe it was school related too.
If you’re still on campus wouldn’t you want to eat, practice, receiving tutoring, etc. that comes with being on the team?

If you’re still on campus wouldn’t you want to eat, practice, receiving tutoring, etc. that comes with being on the team?
They're still going to get living expenses, food plan, etc. paid for, I'm sure, through the end of the semester. They're not going to come in the middle of the night and throw them into the middle of the street.

They're still going to get living expenses, food plan, etc. paid for, I'm sure, through the end of the semester. They're not going to come in the middle of the night and throw them into the middle of the street.
Why would they keep all the benefits of being on the team if they quit being on the team?

Why would they keep all the benefits of being on the team if they quit being on the team?
Because why would you treat them like farm animals? That would get around to recruits.

They're no longer getting the benefits of practice, weight room, training, eating at the athlete's village dining room (probably have to go to the regular dining halls instead), etc.

It's only for a few more weeks.

Well, maybe it is nothing more than trying to get a "jump start" on what is sure to be a huge wave of portal entries at the end of each season.
Like a week makes a difference?

I don't know if it actually does, but maybe it's a perception, and maybe he feels like he has nothing left to gain here by staying.

I think a fair argument could be made that leaving a week early is going to look bad on you, for potential P5 programs that might pick you up. But I guess that is what he had to decide.

Because why would you treat them like farm animals? That would get around to recruits.

They're no longer getting the benefits of practice, weight room, training, eating at the athlete's village dining room (probably have to go to the regular dining halls instead), etc.

Well, there you go again Citi .... you really have no idea how well farmers treat farm animals.

This is college football.
Get used to it.

There will be a lot of players across the NCAA rushing to get their names out to find a landing spot for next season. Teams have early signing day in just 3 weeks or so. If teams want to increase the number of transfers they want, they might need to cut back the number of High School signees.

That's why you need to get out earlier vs later. Every day helps. Visits can't take place until December, so it makes for very busy times.

None of us know all the details, but in the past when player roster moves were made, we kind of had to trust that Fleck has his finger on the pulse, and we'll be okay in the end.

“ getting the benefits of practice, weight room, training, eating at the athlete's village dining room” is exactly what I am referring to.

I assume they know this, and chose that they do not want those, since it would mean remaining on the team.

I personally don't get doing it early, either. But they must have saw some reason in it.

And you know this how? More likely he's already left campus with Thanksgiving coming.

Can the Transfer Portal elevate pouting to a regrettable level? I hope this isn’t the case for Dunlop and MJ Anderson.

Is this an unintended consequence of the Transfer Portal?

Something crawled up their football gear to send them busting down the portal door.

What happens to a kid that doesn’t take to a style of coaching? I don’t know the circumstances.

If it was amicable, he would have said all his thanks gracefully like Cam Wiley did.

We shall see. In both Dunlop’s and MJ’s cases, they most likely would have seen the playing field season.

This is what i dont like about PJ.

i thought all season MJ should have been starting as he was the better player at his position when given the chance.

PJ has a hard time putting the best player out there vs a player who was there first and has done everything the “right” way first

Without knowing the circumstances, this is the first transfer that has really bothered me. I am all for kids moving on if they aren't happy with something...remember it is grown adults making hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars recruiting these kids to a campus often with promises that they know they can't keep to everyone they've made them to (ex regarding playing time or being a "featured guy" or whatever). That said, you have a chance to play in a rivalry game that's possibly for a West Division title in one week. and you turn that down? It seems like you would want to do that as it's not like you get that eligiblity back anyway. Again, I am not judging here because I don't know the story. It's possible he could have been suspended and wouldn't play anyways. It's possible that whatever causes him to wear that brace on his arm is a big enough re-injury concern that more practices and a game doesn't make sense from a risk-reward perspective. It could obviously be a family issue or a health issue that's pressing.

Good luck to MJ and hope he succeeds at his next stop.

From a Gophers perspective one aspect I haven't seen anyone bring up is I hope this doesn't hurt our recruiting efforts in the Saint Louis area. D'Vion Harris was in MJ's class also from Saint Louis and he has also transferred out of the program. One class later we had Itayvion Brown (same high school as Harris) who also has transferred out of the program.

i thought all season MJ should have been starting as he was the better player at his position when given the chance.

PJ has a hard time putting the best player out there vs a player who was there first and has done everything the “right” way first
But we have no idea if this has anything to do with him leaving.

Dang, really liked this kids game. He seemed to be our best pass rusher outside of Mafe and personally I thought he should be a starter or at least in on the passing downs. I’m sure he would have been a starter next year of guys left.

Have you actually counted snaps, because the talk all season has been about the rotation along the D-Line to keep people fresh. MJ seemed to be part of that rotation. Kind of feels like you are applying the offense philosophy on playing time to the Defense and I don't think it works in this case as they are rotating a lot of guys in and out on defense.

But I don't have snap counts to back that up. I just know MJ has been out there quite a bit even if he wasn't the "starter" on the first play of the game.

But we have no idea if this has anything to do with him leaving.
while I'm sure PJ is involved in starters, I'm sure Rossi has some say in starting DE for his defense as well....

bummer, I was expecting him to start and big things for the kid, best of luck to him

Top Bottom