Mitchell enters transfer portal

cjbfbp

Reaction score
listed 7 minutes ago on Verbal Commits

Bummer. I would have loved to seen this kid develop here. Has potential, a nice looking shot and seemed to have a good attitude all year despite riding the pine.

By my count we are down to 5 guys left from last year + Battle :

Robbins, Gach, Ihnen, Gabe, Johnson.

7 open scholarships

Ben is going to be a busy man. I hope we start picking up assistants quickly to help him....I assume that Conroy must be on board.

7 open scholarships

Ben is going to be a busy man. I hope we start picking up assistants quickly to help him....I assume that Conroy must be on board.
Thompson will likely stick. Pohto is still committed as of now. So officially we have 5 but probably 6 or more.

I think he has a lot of potential, nice jumper decent handles. It's bad we weren't that great during non conference so players like Mitchell, Freeman, Mutaf never saw garbage time because we struggled to best LMU and North Dakota. Had those guys gotten in during non conference we might have gone deeper during B1G play

Saying he's a wing, not a point guard
yup....and he was pretty open about that even when he committed....he has always viewed himself as a wing.....and in order for Pitino to get him he had to have told him he would be a wing....but honestly i cant remember with his little playing time what position he was playing for us

For what it's worth:

the Martice Mitchell stat line for the season:

7 games - 23 min - 3-6FGA (2-2/2pt, 1-4/3pt) - 2-2FT - 2 Def reb - 9 points - 6 fouls

tttthat's all, folks.

For what it's worth:

the Martice Mitchell stat line for the season:

7 games - 23 min - 3-6FGA (2-2/2pt, 1-4/3pt) - 2-2FT - 2 Def reb - 9 points - 6 fouls

tttthat's all, folks.
According to U's site
Made his collegiate debut vs. Green Bay • played six minutes and scored his first collegiate point in the Kansas City win (12/10) • played three minutes against Michigan State (12/28) • had three points against Michigan (1/6) • scored four points and had one steal against Michigan (1/16) • grabbed one rebound against Illinois (2/20).

High School: Ranked among the top five prospects in his home state of Illinois, and was a four-star prospect

I don't like this one bit. I totally could be wrong(probably am) but I liked what I seen from him in the limited action and practices. I thought under the right tutelage he would be really good by his junior year.

7 open scholarships

And 2 freshmen coming in (at least so far) so five open scholarships. Could be much worse. UT Martin has 15 players in the transfer portal (obviously some of them are walk-ons)! One of them was picked up by Indiana.

And 2 freshmen coming in (at least so far) so five open scholarships. Could be much worse. UT Martin has 15 players in the transfer portal (obviously some of them are walk-ons)! One of them was picked up by Indiana.
UT Martin New coach must be thrilled. LOL

No loss here.

Look at his offers. No one any good besides Xavier wanted him. That means one thing, he's a mid major talent. Also, if he is 6-10 and won't play in the post AT ALL, then that is why he didn't see floor time.
When you aren't a top player you have to do whatever is asked of you to get minutes.

No worries here. If you aren't a stud, or willing to conform to a system, see ya.

I remember mid season Pitino said on kfan that Mitchell had the most nba potential on this Gopher's team. Wish he would have played him some

Pitino knew his job was on the line this year and yet he kept Mitchell on the bench. So clearly he wasn't seeing that NBA potential as something that could help his current struggling team as the season imploded.

Top Bottom