Mitch has 1 Big Ten TD pass half way through the year....

gophers141

Reaction score
so fun fact....that pick 6 this morning was Mitch's first Big Ten TD pass of the year but the wrong team took into the end zone.

Can we also stop calling Mitch a dual threat, please?! It hurts me to watch him run so many outside runs look like they will get 10-15 yards and he gets 3 because he is so slow and can't cut at all.

You did see the receivers run into each other on that pass right?

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk.

You did see the receivers run into each other on that pass right?

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If Smith knocks heads with Woli is that targeting? Serious question.

What's he close his eyes and pray someone's there to catch the damb ball??

Not sure if serious but if you are, QBs have to anticipate and can't always wait until they see the WR open before throwing the ball.

Any D-1 team: downfield, aggressive routs with a strong armed QB.

Gophers: Oh crap, walk on egg-shells, just try to survive the play so we can hand off again.

WHY!!!?

Gophers: Oh crap, walk on egg-shells, just try to survive the play so we can hand off again.

WHY!!!?

You don't want to hand it off?

You think good running teams are going to choose to pass... despite having a good running game?

You don't want to hand it off?

You think good running teams are going to choose to pass... despite having a good running game?

In 2016 if you almost literally can't pass, it's a big problem. I'd love to hand it off to 23/1 every play. Why can't we throw? WR's, OL, QB, OC?? It has to be something and has to be addressed, like yesterday.

WHY!!!?

Maybe because for a number of years now, any above average high school QB has no interest in going to a school where the vast majority of the time his job is to be to turn around and hand the ball off. Maybe even worse in their eyes, getting little or no protection in the pocket and being expected to generate a big chunk of the Offense by using their legs running rather than getting a good chance to throw the ball.

Many of the same Gopher fans who can't understand why any good High School Running Back wouldn't want to come here, are puzzled why any in demand Wideout or QB don't want to. They want to go to a school where they get to catch way more than a pass or two a game or complete a pass 13 - 17 times a game.

A few thoughts. First, unless there is a miracle development between our QB and his receivers, Mitch isn't going to be a first (or second or third) round pick. Secondly, he is still our best and maybe only hope at the position. Third, he got us into scoring position with time running out and that's a real big deal!

Mitch really can't be defended at this point. No, he's not the only problem. But it's been a very underwhelming senior campaign.

Mitch really can't be defended at this point. No, he's not the only problem. But it's been a very underwhelming senior campaign.

Sure he can. I will defend him when talking about the pick 6 today. It wasn't his fault. Doesn't mean I think he played well today. Just because some don't think he is the worst QB ever doesn't mean they are happy with his performance either.

I agree he has been underwhelming the past few games.

Not only Mitch, but our entire passing offense. Why can't we pass the ball? There has to be an answer, and thus a solution that can be met.

The only thing more certain than Mitch isn't very good is that he is better than Rhoda. What else matters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The whole offense is just too inconsistent. The RBs have to earn just about every yard. Mitch isn't playing well. The receivers cannot get separation. The play calling isn't good at times.

Mitch isn't a B1G quarterback. Never has been. That doesn't mean that he isn't their best option. It means that they are in bad shape at a critical position and have been for years.

Come on...Mitch had 17 passing yards in the 2nd half. What more do you want?

I did not make a typo. 3 completions for 4, 4, and 9 yards.

There were 8 pass attempts in the 2nd half.

so fun fact....that pick 6 this morning was Mitch's first Big Ten TD pass of the year but the wrong team took into the end zone.

You must not watch all the games. He had a TD pass in B1G play before this game.

Sure he can. I will defend him when talking about the pick 6 today. It wasn't his fault. Doesn't mean I think he played well today. Just because some don't think he is the worst QB ever doesn't mean they are happy with his performance either.

I agree he has been underwhelming the past few games.

Sooooo...Mitch can be defended, but he didn't play well yesterday, and he's be underwhelming the past few games??? :confused:

Sounds like you can't really defend him.

Sooooo...Mitch can be defended, but he didn't play well yesterday, and he's be underwhelming the past few games??? :confused:

Yes some people are able to think logically.

That's a timing crossing route going to Woli, if he doesn't clobber into Smith as the ball is released,
that's probably a good gain...

I literally just defended him in the post you just quoted. The pick 6 was not his fault. It's possible to defend someone and still think he hasn't played well. It's not one or the other.

I literally just defended him in the post you just quoted. The pick 6 was not his fault. It's possible to defend someone and still think he hasn't played well. It's not one or the other.

I'm talking about the whole season, not just the pick 6.

Saying a guy hasn't played well is criticizing them, which I thin by definition is the opposite of defending them.

I'm talking about the whole season, not just the pick 6.

Saying a guy hasn't played well is criticizing them, which I thin by definition is the opposite of defending them.

What would you suggest we do at QB John?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom