Missourian: Citrus Bowl will mark end of eras for Missouri, Minnesota football

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Missourian:

Although Thursday's Citrus Bowl will be Cobb's and Botticelli's last game, both seemed confident that they helped build a strong foundation in Minneapolis.

"As far as what that game means and getting the job done and winning this football game for our program — you know, Coach Kill says all the time, 'brick by brick.' This is — winning this football game is the next brick," Botticelli said. "This is the next step in moving our program forward."

For Cobb, who set Minnesota's single-season rushing yard record this year, going out with a bowl win would be the next logical brick in Kill's tenure. Minnesota has lost both its postseason appearances — the 2012 and 2013 Texas Bowls — since Kill arrived.

"So right now, for me and Botticelli coming off two consecutive bowl losses, the biggest thing for us is to come out of this game with a win," Cobb said.

http://www.columbiamissourian.com/a...-end-of-eras-for-missouri-minnesota-football/

Go Gophers!!

I notice the caption to the picture has the Gophers' offensive coordinator as Matt "Limebroker." Accuracy is not always a journalistic requirement, I'm afraid.

I notice the caption to the picture has the Gophers' offensive coordinator as Matt "Limebroker." Accuracy is not always a journalistic requirement, I'm afraid.

Haha, that's the first thing I saw too. Wow, not even close.

Top Bottom