Missouri Coach Eli Drinkwitz, Who Makes $6 Million A Year, Says Players Are Making More In NIL Than His Pediatrician Brother-In-Law Who 'Saves Lives'

Well in his defense, he’s likely shaping lives and football is his vessel so he probably deserves the 6mil a year. Those athletes GET to go to school at Mizzou and should be thankful for the privilege

Go Gophers!!
Coach Drinkwitz....
drink-chug-it.gif

While it’s none of Eli Drinkwitz how much money these players make nil will self implode. And it will ruin CF.

In this day and age with the 1% owning 80+ of the country's wealth, it is nice to know there are still people who get their self-worth by doing things that are important and not how much money they have or make.
An Irish saying is "There are no pockets in a shroud".

In this day and age with the 1% owning 80+ of the country's wealth, it is nice to know there are still people who get their self-worth by doing things that are important and not how much money they have or make.
Yeah I'm sure his pediatrician brother is struggling to put food on the table.

Mizzou coach is making $6 million per year at Mizzou of all places. I've never heard of him. Incredible.
One year as a HC at Appalachian State, went 12-1, and MIZZOU snapped him up. Currently 17-19 overall there. How he got a 50% raise is a complete mystery to me.

In this case, I prefer Banacek's old Polish proverb that says: "The chicken that clucks the loudest is the one most likely to go to the steamfitters picnic."

Well in his defense, he’s likely shaping lives and football is his vessel so he probably deserves the 6mil a year. Those athletes GET to go to school at Mizzou and should be thankful for the privilege
Um ... he's not getting the 6 mil a year for the "shaping lives" part of the job.

People just cannot read.

His commentary was about NIL. Nothing to do with his income from being a football coach, as a job.

People just cannot read.

His commentary was about NIL. Nothing to do with his income from being a football coach, as a job.
Is the distinction really relevant? People don't like coaches who are making millions off of the success of CFB, complaining about what players are making.

Personally, I'm all for Drinkwitz and other coaches making what they are worth, but I also believe the same when it comes to the players.

Pot, meet Kettle. The incredible lack of self awareness of some college HC still amazes me at times.

Maybe Eli could try a little Iowa style nepotism and help his brother-in-law out by sneaking him on to the staff. It's not like he needs to be good at anything.

Maybe Eli could try a little Iowa style nepotism and help his brother-in-law out by sneaking him on to the staff. It's not like he needs to be good at anything.
For any friends and family out there… I’m up for that!

Team doctor?

Top Bottom