Minnesota's Two Best Programs (Hockey) Fall in Championship Games This Weekend

SHGopher

Reaction score
Go Gophers!

Let's go Gophers!

Way to go Gophers!

For the second year in a row, #1 Minnesota hockey hosting lost the Big Ten title game to Michigan.

And #2 Gophers women's hockey lost to Wisconsin in the Frozen Four national championship tournament at Duluth in overtime.

Both programs are the best in the nation or near the best. They are the best sports programs at University of Minnesota. We have great hockey at Minnesota.

At the same time, the women's program hasn't won a national championship since 2016, though won numerous WCHA season and tournament titles plus Frozen Four appearances.

Men's hockey hasn't won the NCAA title since 2003, though lots of Frozen Frozen, tournaments, conference championships, etc.

Go Gophers.

Way to go Gophers.

Let's go Gophers!

Go Gophers!

Let's go Gophers!

Way to go Gophers!

For the second year in a row, #1 Minnesota hockey hosting lost the Big Ten title game to Michigan.

And #2 Gophers women's hockey lost to Wisconsin in the Frozen Four national championship tournament at Duluth in overtime.

Both programs are the best in the nation or near the best. They are the best sports programs at University of Minnesota. We have great hockey at Minnesota.

At the same time, the women's program hasn't won a national championship since 2016, though won numerous WCHA season and tournament titles plus Frozen Four appearances.

Men's hockey hasn't won the NCAA title since 2003, though lots of Frozen Frozen, tournaments, conference championships, etc.

Go Gophers.

Way to go Gophers.

Let's go Gophers!
So you are saying we are like OSU football? Hmmm, I'd take that.

It seemed to me that Michigan was better prepared for the game. But no complaints. Thanks for a great season to the coach and players. Hope to see you in Tampa with the trophy in hand!!! Already have my tickets for next year!

It’s about national championships not stupid 7 team conference tournaments where you are off for a week, play one game, and then play one more game.

Dang Wisconsin. Minnesota beat them in the WCHA tournament and the better team. Wisconsin had a five game losing streak this year. They have young sniper shooters and a goaltender who sometimes is hot. Inconsistent but they win it all.

Wisconsin is coached by Mark Johnson who played with Miracle on Ice.

In my view, the seat is hot for women's coach Frost. No championship since 2016 despite loads of talent including the reigning best player in hockey Taylor Heise.

At the end of the day a national championship means waaaaaay more than even a regular season and conference tournament combined.

For the men my exchange rate is about
1 national championship
=
10 regular season banners
=
15 conference tournaments

If not more. I know if they win a title I will feel more emotion than the 8 regular season titles since 2012 combined.

Top Bottom