Minnesota WR Daniel Jackson profits off highlight-reel TD thanks to NIL deal

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Andrew:

It was a beautiful touchdown worthy of being immortalized forever in the lore of Minnesota Golden Gophers football.

That's at least what wide receiver Daniel Jackson felt after his highlight-reel touchdown that arguably provided Minnesota with its Week 1 win over Nebraska.

Yes, it was the last-second field goal that won the game for Minnesota, but it was Jackson's toe-tapping touchdown that not only put the Gophers in position to win the game — but it created a viral highlight.

The catch was so beautiful that it's being reported that Jackson has already found a way to capitalize on it via an NIL deal.

According to On3, Jackson has put together an NIL deal with Dinkytown Athletes, which is connected to Minnesota. They're launching four T-shirt and sweatshirt designs officially licensed by Minnesota featuring an image of the catch and the words "The Toe Tap" in gold and maroon.

Go Gophers!!

I like that they're quick to get in on this.

Only bummer is what I'm really interested in is that photograph, but ownership of that is likely the photographer / organization they're with and so on, not Jackson.

1694011272638.png

Get me some signed photos and:

1694011350076.png

Good to see athletes get some support to market. I’ll buy a T-shirt
I’d rather have the photo myself. Above is probably correct that he doesn’t own the picture but I bet some kind of deal could be made where he could get a cut.

I always think of all the things that had to fall into place (line blocking for example) so that Jackson could make the catch. In essence it was a cooperative effort that allowed Jackson to make a spectacular play. Do those other players "profit" beyond atta boys?

I always think of all the things that had to fall into place (line blocking for example) so that Jackson could make the catch. In essence it was a cooperative effort that allowed Jackson to make a spectacular play. Do those other players "profit" beyond atta boys?
There's nothing stopping those players from trying to profit off of their efforts.

Top Bottom