Minnesota Wild's Bruce Boudreau was fired this morning at TRIA by GM Bill Guerin

What a self-destructive franchise. The amount of playing and now coaching talent they've gotten rid of in the past 15 months is staggering.

Boudreau is the best coach they've ever had and may ever have.

If you're not likely to make the playoffs, what is the point of firing the coach now? You have to pay him anyway. Why not sell off the assets you can before the deadline, fire Bourdreau at the end of the season and then get "your guy". I don't know what incentive there is with having an interim head coach in this situation, unless you really think you can make the playoffs and have a chance at winning.

Boudreau was not the problem, but with a new GM, this is generally how it plays out...

The funny thing about hockey is how it all seems to hinge on "energy." Listen to interviews and every game, a player or coach says "we had great energy" after a win, or vice-versa after a loss.

it seems like schemes, systems, talent, etc is all secondary to which coach can get his team to play harder.

so, if the GM felt BB was not able to get the team to play hard consistently, that could be why he's gone.

(would have helped if Dubnyk hadn't turned into a sieve this season...)

I guess it’s Boudreau’s fault that Dubnyk’s wife has had health issues.

This has been a dysfunctional team for some time now. I thought for sure with Suter and Parise we would have done much better by now. Overall we haven't done better with those guys.

What a self-destructive franchise. The amount of playing and now coaching talent they've gotten rid of in the past 15 months is staggering.

Boudreau is the best coach they've ever had and may ever have.

This a joke? I can't tell. I mean, the guy has done nothing to make the team better. There is no evidence the team is better.

This a joke? I can't tell. I mean, the guy has done nothing to make the team better. There is no evidence the team is better.
Better than what, and what would constitute evidence?

Better than what, and what would constitute evidence?

Wake me up when you have an answer. It is a simple question. What has he done to make the team better? Since he has become coach and fired, I stopped watching the Wild. They are a horrible, horrible team.

The Wild are a mirage of success. They play to qualify for the playoffs, and then they wow us all by losing in the first round spectacularly.

In their entire history, they won their division once.

Zero championships.

Like all illusions, they are nothing more than a classic deception. They claim to be winners, but have nothing to show for it.

So, am I supposed to care if a coach gets fired when the team is fake? I am supposed to be impressed with the regular season records when they slide off to the sidelines as soon as they are in a playoff game? I don't think so! They don't impress me. They should not impress you. They are a sham of a franchise with little to show for their hard work and so-called success as a franchise.

And, I am done with the whole Minnesota as the "state of hockey". When was the last time that could even be true? I am thinking it was 1978ish. Maybe 1980. Other than that, only the college hockey scene even remotely qualifies. I mean, how do you even measure that! Household participation in hockey? Really poor showing there. Abysmal, really. I mean it is a financially draining sport. Not many poor kids play it.

I'm sorry, but the NHL and the Wild do nothing for me as a sports fan. Nothing. And, I doubt that I will continue to post on this as the boredom with the Wild is unyielding.

I'm sorry, but the NHL and the Wild do nothing for me as a sports fan. Nothing. And, I doubt that I will continue to post on this as the boredom with the Wild is unyielding.
Oh dear God, please no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not that! Anything but that!!!!!!

Wake me up when you have an answer. It is a simple question. What has he done to make the team better? Since he has become coach and fired, I stopped watching the Wild. They are a horrible, horrible team.
What's your deal, man.

When he took over, he took pretty much the same roster as his predecessor and elevated the team, coaching them to what I think is the best record in franchise history. This year he took a minimally talented squad that I didn't think had a chance and had coached them into being a playoff contender. I still can barely believe that. His performance here is consistent with his distinguished career resume.

What's your deal, man.

When he took over, he took pretty much the same roster as his predecessor and elevated the team, coaching them to what I think is the best record in franchise history. This year he took a minimally talented squad that I didn't think had a chance and had coached them into being a playoff contender. I still can barely believe that. His performance here is consistent with his distinguished career resume.

Okay, you asked, I'll tell you. I don't care for in season glory and inglorious post season play. It is telling that the franchise can't match up with the rest of the league when it comes to playoffs. And, a sub par record this year is a continuation of the fraud. This isn't mysterious. It is the long term record of the franchise.

Top Bottom