Minnesota week on BTN

2727Gopher

Reaction score
Just a note for everyone - July 5th through the 9th is "Minnesota week" on the Big Ten Network. I took a look at their online schedule and it only has the 5th and 6th listed right now, so it seems that they only show two weeks out. They'll be showing the 1999 PSU game along with the 2005 Purdue game for anyone interested who doesn't have a recording of them. I just wish they'd show them uncut.

It would be fun to see something fresh. Even from last year (Michigan State?). I've seen that old 1981 (or so) win over OSU, the 2005 overtime win against Purdue, and the 1999 PSU games enough on BTN.

It would be fun to see something fresh. Even from last year (Michigan State?). I've seen that old 1981 (or so) win over OSU, the 2005 overtime win against Purdue, and the 1999 PSU games enough on BTN.

I get what your sayin, but we don't have very many great games to replay.

Any word if it is just football or if hockey and basketball will be included as well?

I can think of a number of hockey/basketball games I would take the time to watch again. (No, not Holy Cross)

Any word if it is just football or if hockey and basketball will be included as well?

I can think of a number of hockey/basketball games I would take the time to watch again. (No, not Holy Cross)

That Holy Cross game never happened... I am nearly sure of it.

Halloween Game Last Year

They have been showing the replay of the game against Michigan State periodically. I watched it a couple weeks ago, Weber looked really good that game. I forgot we had 157 yards in penalties that game.

They have been showing the replay of the game against Michigan State periodically. I watched it a couple weeks ago, Weber looked really good that game. I forgot we had 157 yards in penalties that game.

There were a bunch of BS personal foul penalties in that game. I will never forget the 10 minutes of constant booing that game! During each play, after the play, and during the tv timeouts. Never experienced something like that. Was kind of cool. The entire crowd was pissed.

The entire crowd was pissed.

I was pissed just watching it again, although this time I knew we would pull out the victory. I am surprised our coaching staff didn't get any unsportsmanlike calls.

There were a bunch of BS personal foul penalties in that game. I will never forget the 10 minutes of constant booing that game! During each play, after the play, and during the tv timeouts. Never experienced something like that. Was kind of cool. The entire crowd was pissed.

THAT was the definition of the 12th man. I´ve never been part of a Gopher crowd so rabidly and justifiably angry on behalf of our favorite team. I got chills. And after that the officials stopped jobbing us so hard. Given an even playing field the Gophers were able to pull out victory. I believe that without the crowd response the refs would have continued to screw over the Gophers. However, they realized if they did they wouldn´t make it out of Minnesota alive.

It was strange too. I mean I expect to get screwed against Penn State due to league wide Paterno rule, or against Michigan, but against Michigan State? That´s just insulting. They haven´t done anything to earn deferential officiating. It was an insult against our team. And I was proud to be part of a fanbase willing to put aside Minnesota nice to stop that injustice from continuing.

What a game for the Gophers. May there be many more with similar drama and results this season.

Just a note for everyone - July 5th through the 9th is "Minnesota week" on the Big Ten Network. I took a look at their online schedule and it only has the 5th and 6th listed right now, so it seems that they only show two weeks out. They'll be showing the 1999 PSU game along with the 2005 Purdue game for anyone interested who doesn't have a recording of them. I just wish they'd show them uncut.

Do they only have 3 games on tape? They've already showed the Purdue game a bunch of times. Do they have any Rickey Foggie games? I would love to see the Michigan '86 game since I've only seen 2 highlights. Or the Syracuse McNabb game. Lots of interesting ones they could pick.

Do they only have 3 games on tape? They've already showed the Purdue game a bunch of times. Do they have any Rickey Foggie games? I would love to see the Michigan '86 game since I've only seen 2 highlights. Or the Syracuse McNabb game. Lots of interesting ones they could pick.

Or the 59-56 win over Purdue. Or the 2000 OSU win. Or the 1993 and 1994 wins over Wisconsin. Or the 1992 win over Iowa. Or the 1997 loss to PSU. Or the loss to the Sooners. Or (dare I say it?) the 84-13 smackdown by Nebraska. Or the 1977 win over Michigan. Or, if they exist, the Rose Bowls and the 1960 win over Iowa. Or Chris Darkins' 294 yard rushing day against Purdue. There are many more I'd like to see. I'd watch any Gopher game regardless of significance from before 1989 (when I started school and became a dedicated fan).

Now that the schedule is on their site for Wednesday of Minnesota week, nothing new there for football. They're playing 2005 Purdue and 1981 OSU again.

Minnesota Week cancelled, Maturi gave it away.

"As the athletic director of the University of Minnesota, my primary concern is what will benefit the other schools of the Big Ten. The University of Minnesota just isn't that important to me." Maturi said in a recent interview.

"Sure, Gopher fans would like to watch the Gophers on the Big Ten Network, but I first have to consider what fans of other schools want. I've told the BTN to go ahead and just air stuff from other schools. Perhaps they could play the 2003 Michigan game. I know that makes Wolverine fans really happy, and that's good enough for me."

(sarcasm)

Minnesota Week cancelled, Maturi gave it away.

"As the athletic director of the University of Minnesota, my primary concern is what will benefit the other schools of the Big Ten. The University of Minnesota just isn't that important to me." Maturi said in a recent interview.

"Sure, Gopher fans would like to watch the Gophers on the Big Ten Network, but I first have to consider what fans of other schools want. I've told the BTN to go ahead and just air stuff from other schools. Perhaps they could play the 2003 Michigan game. I know that makes Wolverine fans really happy, and that's good enough for me."

(sarcasm)

:clap:

"We know our place, and that's to sit at the little kids table and be quiet. Minnesota should be seen and not heard. We hear you OSU, just keep sending checks."

reading the faux quotes from maturi are hilarious. sadly they also make me cringe because for me, i somewhat believe that garbage would come out of his mouth because i think he worries about making everyone else happy but gopher fans. he is like james taggart in "atlas shrugged" always looking out for the little guy (or everyone else) and not his own, or the university of minnesota's, interest.
i know i don't have a lot of posts, but i find it funny when i ripped maturi after he slammed fans for leaving after the cal game. i said that it was a weak position on his part because i don't believe he really cares about revenue sports because he couldn't show up for a 'sota social in madison because the women's volleyball team was in the fifth set at the wisconsin fieldhouse. i had postesrs tell me that i'm petty or i have screwed up priorities. one guy even mentioned that he respected maturi more because he treats all sports equally. let me say this: i was validated in what i said because within a couple months most rational people realized that maturi is in fact in over his head.

I would watch any game they show. That's how hard up for Gopher football I am right now.

An FYI, tommorrow BTN is showing the NW and OSU games. I've got both Tivo'd!

Just a quick update from gophersports.com

Golden Gopher athletics will be featured prominently on the Big Ten Network this week, July 5-9. Programming will include replays from the past season, special programming and classic Gopher contests.

The Big Ten's Greatest Games kick off on Monday, July 5, with replays of the Gopher men's basketball team's 78-74 overtime win over Indiana in 2001 (5 p.m. Central), as well as the football team's 24-23 upset at No. 2 Penn State in 1999 (7 p.m. Central).

Other classic programming during the week:

Tuesday, July 6
5 p.m. - Gopher men's basketball defeats Ohio State in Columbus in overtime in 1983
7 p.m. - Gopher football needs double overtime to top No. 11 Purdue at the Dome in 2005

Wednesday, July 7
5 p.m. - Blake Hoffarber hits the buzzer beater as Minnesota beats Indiana in the 2008 Big Ten Tournament
7 p.m. - Gopher football beats Ohio State at Memorial Stadium in 1981

Thursday, July 8
5 p.m. - Gophers upset No. 9 Indiana, 77-75, at Williams Arena in 2000
7 p.m. - Chris Darkins rushes for a school record 294 yards in a 39-38 win over Purdue in 1995

Friday, July 9
5 p.m. - Minnesota wins the NIT with one point victory over Georgetown in 1993.
7 p.m. - Maron Barber III and Laurence Maroney each rush for over 130 yards as Minnesota beats Wisconsin in 2003

http://www.gophersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=8400&ATCLID=204965822

Top Bottom