Minnesota vs Alabama

4:00 Central on BTN Minnesota remains undefeated vs Alabama in the 2004 Music City Bowl. Yes, I’m hungry for Gopher Football.
Thanks! I might flip it on to relive being there in that sea of crimson. Alabama fans were flummoxed by their team's inability to stop MN from running at will. I still remember a guy near me fuming, "Yuh know they gone giv' it tuh 21! Just stack it up and git 'em!"

Of course, if you’re going to watch the Outback Bowl, and want to see Auburn’s offense on the field, you can turn it off with about 8:30 left to play. They don’t get a sniff of the ball after that.

Damn, that’s still an impressive drive!

Of course, if you’re going to watch the Outback Bowl, and want to see Auburn’s offense on the field, you can turn it off with about 8:30 left to play. They don’t get a sniff of the ball after that.

Damn, that’s still an impressive drive!
2 of the most impressive drives in my Gopher Fandom lifetime didn't end in points.

1. Auburn drove mentioned above where we bled the clock to 0:00.

2. WI 2018- we went on iirc a 10 min ish drive that concluded w a missed FG but essentially left WI with 4 minutes to make up 2 scores. I remember the buzz in CR kept getting quieter and quieter after every 1st down we picked up on that drive.

2 of the most impressive drives in my Gopher Fandom lifetime didn't end in points.

2. WI 2018- we went on iirc a 10 min ish drive that concluded w a missed FG but essentially left WI with 4 minutes to make up 2 scores. I remember the buzz in CR kept getting quieter and quieter after every 1st down we picked up on that drive.

Yes! Having the ability to be effective in the 'ground-and-pound' style of offense can be very, very useful at times. When done right, it can totally demoralize an opponent.

Last edited:

I think the only other school is Rice
Ah, yes. That bowl game from the 50s comes to mind where Dickie Moegle was off on another long jaunt vs. Alabama in a bowl game when a frustrated player came off the bench to tackle him. He was awarded a touchdown.

And I still remember having that "oh no, here we go" feeling after the missed FG.

Top Bottom