Minnesota Ticket vs. Iowa - 9/29/12

DL65

Reaction score
My daughter, an Iowa alumnus, and her avid Hawkeye fan husband recently ordered tickets to Iowa's Homecoming game against the Gophers. They also ordered/bought me a ticket, too. So, now I'll wear my maroon and gold attire to balance their black and gold in Kinnick Stadium on September 29. Not sure where our seats are located, except they're on the visitors side in the eleventh row near the corner; possibly they're near the Gopher contingent seats. (I'm hoping that's the case.) In any case, I'll know where we'll be seated when they get the tickets in the mail, which should be fairly soon.

A nice surprise/gift from my daughter and her husband. Looking forward to watching the game with them and more good memories.

They, of course, know it's Go Gophers for me!! However, they have different thoughts when it comes to the battle for Floyd. Hopefully the Gophers will be on a roll when they visit Iowa City and will keep Floyd in his nice surroundings up north.

Go Gophers!!

My daughter, an Iowa alumnus, and her avid Hawkeye fan husband recently ordered tickets to Iowa's Homecoming game against the Gophers. They also ordered/bought me a ticket, too. So, now I'll wear my maroon and gold attire to balance their black and gold in Kinnick Stadium on September 29. Not sure where our seats are located, except they're on the visitors side in the eleventh row near the corner; possibly they're near the Gopher contingent seats. (I'm hoping that's the case.) In any case, I'll know where we'll be seated when they get the tickets in the mail, which should be fairly soon.

A nice surprise/gift from my daughter and her husband. Looking forward to watching the game with them and more good memories.

They, of course, know it's Go Gophers for me!! However, they have different thoughts when it comes to the battle for Floyd. Hopefully the Gophers will be on a roll when they visit Iowa City and will keep Floyd in his nice surroundings up north.

Go Gophers!!

My condolences. :eek:

Go Gophers!!

You didn't disown her when she decided to go to school in Iowa and worse marry a hawkeye fan? Sheesh! Your tolerance is amazing DL.

DL65

If you don't make it back in time to do your usual Sunday notes for the GopherHole you could always do a special addition about how you brought Floyd back to Minnesota. Also, if you have to sit with some Iowa fans, your choice of sitting with your daughter and your son-in-law is a good one. Just remember though to stay on the Minnesota side and to have a great time.

You didn't disown her when she decided to go to school in Iowa and worse marry a hawkeye fan? Sheesh! Your tolerance is amazing DL.

She was accepted and was going to attend the U; however, out of state tuition costs became a big factor. So she attended the U of Iowa. Our other three children went to other schools: Iowa State University; UNI and MBA at Drake; and Truman State (formerly Northeast Missouri State). All are doing well in their professional careers. They all cheer for the Gophers, except when they play their alma mater.

We're grateful to have him as a son-in-law. He's a good guy . . . I'll just have to look past one obvious shortcoming. :) When their children arrive, they'll quickly learn the Rouser and become friends with Goldy!

Iceland12, no condolences necessary. :)

Go Gophers!!

If you don't make it back in time to do your usual Sunday notes for the GopherHole you could always do a special addition about how you brought Floyd back to Minnesota. Also, if you have to sit with some Iowa fans, your choice of sitting with your daughter and your son-in-law is a good one. Just remember though to stay on the Minnesota side and to have a great time.

No need to worry. I won't cross over to the dark side. :) Hope to lose my voice cheering for the Gophers and watching Floyd leave Kinnick's gridiron for his return trip to the U.

I'll do my Sports Huddle report, that's for sure. I live approximately two hours from Iowa City, so i'll be listening and transcribing the next day. If the Gophers win, it'll be a fun drive home.

Go Gophers!!

all of hawkeye nation thinks this will be a cakewalk

good luck on that iowa

Top Bottom