Minnesota suffers first loss of season 67-75 in Big Ten opener against Michigan State | Gopherhole

No matter what the team's record ends up being, Ben Johnson's status as the head coach is secure, therefore the record this year is not the most important factor. The year is about Johnson establishing the kind of basketball he wants his teams to play here and laying the foundation for the future.

If you can't see beyond the win/loss record that is on you. Most of us are going to look for reasons to find some enjoyment in what is going to be a difficult season due to some key off season injuries and a roster that was clearly not constructed with the idea of contending this year in mind.

Have seen you in action enough to know that trying to reason with you is pointless, so guess we are going to have to agree to disagree on this one.
Yes, the head coach will return next year. No doubt.

If you cant understand that each and every season is about wins, conference titles, getting to and making a run in the NCAA Tournament, you have a very, very narrow view - and we all know why you have this view.

Why do you suppose folks right here on GH were talking how many more wins it would take to get to the NCAA? Worried about winning all the non-con games?

WINNING games.

The ONLY thing you appear to care about is "culture" and the future. All well and good, simply not a measure of success imo. Been there for 5 decades.

A Wisconsin HS coach has said that he's a negative recruiter....and that he doesn't respect him at all.
Without more details, this is a nothing burger. I suspect this goes back to his time as an assistant coach, and I can think of scenarios where negative recruiting against Wisconsin wouldn't be considered a problem by anyone but the most fervid badger booster.

If you cant understand that each and every season is about wins, conference titles, getting to and making a run in the NCAA Tournament, you have a very, very narrow view - and we all know why you have this view.
How does seeing beyond just the won/loss record constitute having a very very narrow view? Seems like that would be just the opposite and you would be the one with the narrow view who only looks at the record and nothing else when judging a team.

How does seeing beyond just the won/loss record constitute having a very very narrow view? Seems like that would be just the opposite and you would be the one with the narrow view who only looks at the record and nothing else when judging a team.
Please point out where I said I only look at the record, AND NOTHING ELSE.

And yes, it is about wins.

Did you miss the part about the folks chanting for more wins? Why is anyone doing that when this season is ALL ABOUT CULTURE?

Please point out where I said I only look at the record, AND NOTHING ELSE.

And yes, it is about wins.

Did you miss the part about the folks chanting for more wins?
Sorry, you also included conference titles and NCAA tournament runs in your massive well rounded view of how to evaluate a team....my bad.

Sorry, you also included conference titles and NCAA tournament runs in your massive well rounded view of how to evaluate a team....my bad.
Why does the NCAA hold the annual tournament? How do teams qualify for the tournament?

Why is making the NCAA tournament the goal of every school that fields a BB team?

Why do some schools get bye's in the Big 10 tournament - how does a team get a bye?

Wont touch GH'ers discussing how many more wins to get to the tournament, eh champ? Why would they do that when EVERYONE KNOWS this season is about CULTURE?

Without more details, this is a nothing burger. I suspect this goes back to his time as an assistant coach, and I can think of scenarios where negative recruiting against Wisconsin wouldn't be considered a problem by anyone but the most fervid badger booster.

I was actually just joking about the Athletic article talking to Wisconsin HS football coaches. One of them said those things about Fleck.

Top Bottom