Minnesota should have beat Wisconsin

Goldmember

Reaction score
Minnesota was favored to win. The loss came down to John Clay being beter than advertised. We could also blame the suspensions, distractions related to the fight, and poor D-Line play. But ultimately, John Clay ran all over the Gopher defense like Jahvid Best, and no one really saw that coming (including Badger fans, many of whom though he should be benched within the last few weeks).

Minnesota's offense was effective enough that they drove down the field in three plays against Wisconsin late in the game. Decker was the cause of this offensive threat.

The future direction of this program is being questioned all over the place, just as it always is after a loss against a rival. It is a good time to remember 4 things right now:

1.) The season is young. In 3 months, the Minnesota media will be talking about wheather Brewster is going to be lured away by USC or Texas if the Gophers go 8-4 and Wisconsin goes to a January 1st bowl game and beats another SEC team.
2.) Brewster's Gophers lost a similar game in 2008 at Camp Randall -- without Eric Decker.
3.) Mason's Gophers were blown out every single time they played Wisconsin at Camp Randall.
4.) The Iowa team that embarassed the Gophers last year went on to embarass Steve Spurrier in their next game.

John Clay was a 5 star recruit, from Wisconsin no less (people here love that stuff) and had run for 140 yards the week before. It was not exactly a surprise the he was effective.

This is how effective the offense was before that 80 yard drive. Does not look like winning football to me. I give the Badgers defense credit. That is not a very popular view here.

Third Quarter:

Defensive series No. 7: Started on Wisconsin 44 yard line following Scott Tolzien fumble.
Plays: 6
Yards given up: 16
Result: Patrick Butrym interception.

Defensive series No. 8: Started on Minnesota 44 yard line following kickoff. (17-13 Wisconsin)
Plays: 3
Yards given up: 7
Result: 36-yard Haudan punt.

Fourth Quarter:

Defensive series No. 9: Started on Minnesota 17 yard line following kickoff. (24-13 Wisconsin)
Plays: 3
Yards given up: -12
Result: 48-yard Haudan punt.

Minnesota was favored to win. The loss came down to John Clay being beter than advertised. We could also blame the suspensions, distractions related to the fight, and poor D-Line play. But ultimately, John Clay ran all over the Gopher defense like Jahvid Best, and no one really saw that coming (including Badger fans, many of whom though he should be benched within the last few weeks).

Minnesota's offense was effective enough that they drove down the field in three plays against Wisconsin late in the game. Decker was the cause of this offensive threat.

The future direction of this program is being questioned all over the place, just as it always is after a loss against a rival. It is a good time to remember 4 things right now:

1.) The season is young. In 3 months, the Minnesota media will be talking about wheather Brewster is going to be lured away by USC or Texas if the Gophers go 8-4 and Wisconsin goes to a January 1st bowl game and beats another SEC team.
2.) Brewster's Gophers lost a similar game in 2008 at Camp Randall -- without Eric Decker.
3.) Mason's Gophers were blown out every single time they played Wisconsin at Camp Randall.
4.) The Iowa team that embarassed the Gophers last year went on to embarass Steve Spurrier in their next game.
I appreciate the effort, but moral victories are chalked up by teams who fail to win on the scoreboard. I feel worse after this crap than I did about the Lois Feldman 55-doughnut game last year. I'm so sick of being just barely not good enough. :mad:

Yeah...that should make us feel much better.......

Offense, Defense, Special Teams & Coaching

Wisconsin's offense had a cumulative effect on the Gophers. They wore us down and won the battle in the trenches.
I think the same is true for their defensive line vs. our offensive line. Our guys looked tired in the second half. Some on the line were getting sloppy with their footwork (tired??) and Bucky made us frazzled.
Special teams? Poor Troy Stoudemire. The guy has an over 50% chance of making a great return. Problem is, our team has a 50% chance of it being called back. Hauden has been steady and so has Ellestad, but the penalties KILL our momentum.
Coaching? So far, it seems we're still trying to find an identity. Brewster has stated we need to have the run, but our team hasn't shown that it can sustain a running game. Eskridge, Bennet and Whaley have not been impressive, although I'm not sure John Clay would be so great with the minimal holes that our line is producing. Defensively, we've been above average, but the game with Bucky was a step back.
Regroup and beat Purdue handily!

And if the queen had balls......

If your coaching staff wasn't ready for Clay, as you allege/imply, where can I donate money to keep them around longer. Lured away to Texas or USC?????? Dude, thanks for the laugh.

John Clay was a 5 star recruit, from Wisconsin no less (people here love that stuff) and had run for 140 yards the week before. It was not exactly a surprise the he was effective.

I know he was a monumental local "get" for the Badgers. But he hasn't changed the flow of a game like he did Saturday until two weeks ago. And your fellow fans haven't exactly been shy about slamming him for under-performing until recently.

And if the queen and myleslong had balls......

If your coaching staff wasn't ready for Clay, as you allege/imply, where can I donate money to keep them around longer. Lured away to Texas or USC?????? Dude, thanks for the laugh.
FYP, jackbag. :pig:

And if the queen had balls......

Read again. It's a parody of our local sports media's obession with coaching change.

Clay had a great day. I wouldn't blame our coaching staff for that. I think he's just begining to play like the 5-star RB WI was hoping he would be. His play makes the difference between contending for a conference championship and taking Fresno State to OT.

Myles, BTW, do you actually watch the games, or just take pictures of shirtless teenage boys?

[/U][/B]

Yeah...that should make us feel much better.......

There's plenty of morons who would start to question where we are headed with Brewster that would leap all over the bandwagon to hire a "name" coach like Spurrier.

I use #4 to point out the idiocy of that position.

Read again. It's a parody of our local sports media's obession with coaching change.

Clay had a great day. I wouldn't blame our coaching staff for that. I think he's just begining to play like the 5-star RB WI was hoping he would be. His play makes the difference between contending for a conference championship and taking Fresno State to OT.

Myles, BTW, do you actually watch the games, or just take pictures of shirtless teenage boys?

Myles, BTW, do you actually watch the games, or just take pictures of shirtless teenage boys?[/QUOTE]

The Decker photo and the student section photos tell me you are on to something.:clap:

The Decker photo and the student section photos tell me you are on to something.:clap:[/QUOTE]

Who do you think shot the photos that were used in the GH game story?

Here's a LINK to my gallery. Great stadium BTW. Top notch facilities and they treat the media right!

117951739.jpg

117951811.jpg

117951711.jpg

[/SIZE][/B]

The Decker photo and the student section photos tell me you are on to something.:clap:

Here's a LINK to my gallery. Great stadium BTW. Top notch facilities and they treat the media right!

117951739.jpg

117951811.jpg

117951711.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Would it be the same guy who originated the linked post?http://buckyville.yuku.com/topic/22811/t/The-Thrill-of-victory-and-the-agony-of-defeat.html

Some fans feel the need to hide their shirtless guys fetish....You can open up. We will not judge you.

Would it be the same guy who originated the linked post?[

Some fans feel the need to hide their shirtless guys fetish....You can open up. We will not judge you.[/QUOTE]

I feel sorry for the normal, well adjusted posters on here who have to put up with so many juvenile, sophomoric participants to this otherwise good forum. We used to have the same problem on Badgermaniac's Scout forum, but Buckyville seems to have a much higher quotient of normal posters than most other sites on the Internet. What's next, calling me Becky, making reference to Ed Gein?

To the good posters on here I hope you find a way to cull the herd a bit.

Would it be the same guy who originated the linked post?[

Some fans feel the need to hide their shirtless guys fetish....You can open up. We will not judge you.

I feel sorry for the normal, well adjusted posters on here who have to put up with so many juvenile, sophomoric participants to this otherwise good forum. We used to have the same problem on Badgermaniac's Scout forum, but Buckyville seems to have a much higher quotient of normal posters than most other sites on the Internet. What's next, calling me Becky, making reference to Ed Gein?

To the good posters on here I hope you find a way to cull the herd a bit.[/QUOTE]

So attempting to abuse your position / privilege as part of the "unbiased" media to openly ridicule college students is now considered intelligent and mature? Please spare us.

You can go back to Buckyville and shamelessly plug your photos. Your attempts to push them here are all too transparent.

Top Bottom