Minnesota Pro-Day Thread

GopherInPittsburgh

Reaction score
Duane Bennett rips off 28 reps on the bench press. Better than any RB at the combine.

Add your piece of news below.

From Nate Sandell @NSandell

DT Anthony Jacobs has been impressive so far. Reportedly clocked a 4.7 40 and 35.5 vertical

McKnight has looked a bit slow in both the 40 and short shuttle. His knee seems like it could still be causing problems

Out at #Gophers FB pro day. Da'Jon McKnight, Chris Bunders among the 30+ players from the area trying out

Scouts from the Giants, 49ers, Patriots and Vikings in attendance, along w/ Vikes Gm Rick Spielman

Also Anthony Jacobs had a good day. Clocked a 4.7 40, benched 225 26 times and had a 35 inch vert. Pretty impressive for weighing 291

It's likely that there will be some sort of report on the Gophers pro day at this link http://blogs.nfl.com/category/pro-days/ within the next 24-48 hours. It's great to read that both Jacobs and Lair had good days. I am really surprised that the Gopher coaches couldn't find a way to use Lair last season.

I don't understand why Minnesota doesn't get together with the other D1 schools in the area like Iowa, Wisconsin, and Northern Illinois (and all the smaller schools in between) to put on a larger Pro Day. More scouts would be willing to attend if they were looking at 30-40 kids instead of just 9.

I'd rather not promote other direct competitors' talent.

I'd rather not promote other direct competitors' talent.

But they are no longer the competition's talent - they are either headed to the NFL or to a job. This is very beneficial to the scouts who can view the players from multiple universities all at once as opposed to on 3-4 different days/locations or not seeing a school at all. It is also beneficial to the players who will now be viewed by more scouts/teams for the reason above as opposed to just 4 NFL teams like our Pro Day.

Just take a look at this schedule of the Pro days of many schools (schedule) and you will see that there are 10-15 pro-days on some days, and I'm sure many of the pro days only feature 5-10 players like ours did. If schools would get together and consolidate their pro days, they would be doing a service to their players and the scouts.

But they are no longer the competition's talent - they are either headed to the NFL or to a job. This is very beneficial to the scouts who can view the players from multiple universities all at once as opposed to on 3-4 different days/locations or not seeing a school at all. It is also beneficial to the players who will now be viewed by more scouts/teams for the reason above as opposed to just 4 NFL teams like our Pro Day.

Just take a look at this schedule of the Pro days of many schools (schedule) and you will see that there are 10-15 pro-days on some days, and I'm sure many of the pro days only feature 5-10 players like ours did. If schools would get together and consolidate their pro days, they would be doing a service to their players and the scouts.
a lot of the benefits of pro days are that you get to workout at a familiar place around players and people you know and in a QBs case throw to receivers that you know. If you combine pro days most of these benefits go away

a lot of the benefits of pro days are that you get to workout at a familiar place around players and people you know and in a QBs case throw to receivers that you know. If you combine pro days most of these benefits go away
Which makes it more like the Combine giving those not invited to the Combine a way for scouts to evaluate them in a Combine like atmosphere.

Top Bottom