Minnesota Preps with Gopher Junior Day Invites

vames

Reaction score
Below is the list of juniors with invites to Minnesota junior day next weekend. Nice set of running backs and linebackers. Little down in a few other positions. If I am missing any, please feel free to send me a note at [email protected]

Below are the Minnesota junior day invites extended as of this evening:

Jordan Hein, 6’2 195, QB, Perham – Received invite to Minnesota, North Dakota, and SDSU junior day events. All-State Honorable Mention. Conference MVP. Top duel threat quarterback. In 10 games, completed 74 of 156 passes for 1398 yards and 19 touchdowns. Had 199 carries for 1380 yards and 16 touchdowns.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/758715/jordan-hein

Conor Rhoda, 6’3 190, QB, Cretin-Derham – Received invite to Minnesota and SDSU junior day event. Won starting QB position in game 6 of the season. Lead team to 5A state semi-finals.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/600007/conor-rhoda

McKinley Anderson, 6’2 185, QB, Hutchinson - Received invite to Minnesota and SDSU junior day event. All Area and All Conference. In 10 games for 9-1 team, completed 43 of 96 passes for 1075 yards and 12 touchdowns and had 108 carries for 531 yards and 14 touchdowns. Has 3.5 GPA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIeaiU3OMcA

Jake Disterhaupt, 6’1 185, Moose Lake/Willow River – Received invites to Minnesota and SDSU junior day events. 2011 All-State First Team. Duluth News Tribune Player of the Year. All Conference. In 14 games, has 161 carries for 2276 yards for 14.1 ypc and 35 touchdowns. Had 13 receptions for 353 yards and 5 touchdowns. Bench 265, squat 420, and 38” vertical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQd9OKP_Oes

Michael Sales, 6'2 195, RB Champlin Park (5A) – Attended Iowa junior day event. Received invite to Minnesota junior day event. In 9 games, has 177 carries for 1017 yards and 9 touchdowns. Started out season injured, but recovered to rush 210 yards against a ranked Anoka and 176 yards against top 5A ranked Wayzata. In 6 games as a sophomore, had 149 carries for 816 yards for 5.5 ypc and 9 TDs. Rushed for 109 yards on 24 carries against top ranked 5A Blaine. Was injured in 6th game.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/533633/michael-sales

Bridgeport Tusler, 5’11 195, RB/DB, Osseo (5A) - Has received invites to Minnesota and North Dakota junior day events. In 10 games, had 123 carries for 954 yards for 7.8 ypc and 11 touchdowns. Had 32 receptions for 428 yards and 6 touchdowns. In six games as a sophomore, had 34 carries for 176 yards and 1 TD. Had 13 receptions for 257 yards and 2 TDs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yV_hyK_lVEo

Birk Olson, 6’4 240, FB/Athlete, Monticello – Received invites to Minnesota, Harvard, Princeton, and Penn junior day events. In 8 games as a junior, had 107 carries for 658 yards and 7 touchdowns. In 9 games as a sophomore, had 53 carries for 316 yards for 6.0 ypc and 3 TDs.

Quran Al-Hameed, 5’8 170, RB/Athlete, Woodbury (5A) – Attended Iowa junior day event. Received invite to Minnesota junior day event. 2011 All-Conference. Team offensive MVP. In junior season, had 44 carries for 309 yards and 13 receptions for 251 yards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6Z-ZI2qVmc

Aaron Haataja, 5’8 170, RB, Warroad - Received invite to Minnesota junior day event. 2011 All-State Honorable Mention. Conference MVP Running Back. In 12 games, had 240 carries for 1800 yards and 24 touchdowns. In 11 games as a sophomore, had 241 carries for 1494 yards and 16 touchdowns.

James Onwualu, 6’1 200, WR/RB, Cretin-Derham Hall – Has received offers from Notre Dame, Minnesota, Stanford, Michigan State, Iowa, and Purdue. In 9 games, had 68 carries for 474 yards for 7.9 ypc and 7 touchdowns as a back-up running back. Had 25 receptions for 356 yards and 4 touchdowns. In 10 games as a sophomore, had 63 carries for 420 yards for 6.7 ypc and 3 TDs.

Keelon Brookins, 5’10 175, WR, Tartan – Received invites to Minnesota, Wisconsin, Nebraska, and Michigan State junior day events. Injured during junior season. In 5 games as a sophomore, has 13 receptions for 245 yards for 15.1 ypc and 4 TD. Recorded 6 interceptions during the season with 1 returned for touchdown. Top Class of 2013 performance at the 2011 Nike SPARQ Combine with an electronic 4.60 40 yard dash, a 35” vertical, 35” power ball throw. In the May ’11 NUC, recorded a 4.36 and 4.39 40 yard time. Recorded an 11.05 100m dash, 22.44 200m dash, and 20’10” long jump in 2011. Has a 3.0 GPA.

Jeff Borchardt, 6’1 185, WR, Wayzata – Received invite to Minnesota and SDSU junior day events. 2011 All-Conference. In 13 games, had 28 receptions for 639 yards and 10 touchdowns. 2011 NUC Minnesota Combine King with a 4.49 40 dash, 4.15 20-yard shuttle, and 33” vertical. Recorded a 11.1s 100m time as a sophomore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-rVDPUBFdc

Marley Allison, 5’10 175, WR/DB, Edina – Received invite to Minnesota junior day event. In 9 games, had 36 receptions for 405 yards and 5 touchdowns. In 9 games as a sophomore, has 15 tackles (7 solo) and 2 PBUs. As a freshman had 39 tackles and 5 interceptions for Edina.

Chandler Wright, 6’3 270, OL, Wayzata – Received invite to Minnesota junior day event. 2011 All-State Honorable Mention. Second Team All Metro. First Team All Conference. Starting 13 games for 12-1 5A State Runner-up from Wayzata. Transfer from 11-1 Dutchtown HS in Louisiana that advanced to the state quarterfinals as sophomore. Squat 480, Clean 355, Bench 325, Vertical 28”, Pro Agility 4.6.

Zach Ziemer, 6’6 265, OL, Lakeville North – Received invite to Minnesota junior day event. All-State Honorable Mention. All-Conference. Starting tackle on 9-1 state qualifying team.

Chad Fahning, 6'7 280, OL, DeLaSalle – Received invite to Minnesota junior day event. 2011 All-Conference and All Section. Has started 23 games in sophomore and junior year.

Jackson Wilson,6’3 275, OL, Rochester John Marshall – Received invite to Minnesota and SDSU junior day events.

http://www.ncsasports.org/foot...jackson-wilson2

Matthew Leidner, 6’2 265, C, Lakeville South – Received invite to Minnesota and SDSU junior day events. Started all 9 games as a junior. 2011 All-Conference Honorable Mention.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/751323/matthew-leidner

Travis Nusbaum, 6’2 270, OL, Waterville-Elysian Morristown – Received invite to Minnesota junior day event. 2011 All Conference. 2010 All-Conference Honorable Mention. Bench 300, Squat 420, and GPA 3.05.

Carson Hogan, 6’9 270, OT, Bemidji – Received invite to Minnesota junior day event. Starting offensive tackle for 12-1 4A State Runner-ups.

Dominique Khammarath, 6’0 185, Athlete, St. Paul Humbolt/Simley – Received invite to Minnesota junior day event. As a freshman had 27 carries for 98 yards in final two games starting for Simley. Had 12 punt/kick returns for 230 yards, which is close to 20 yards a return. All-Conference HM as a freshman.

Francis Kanneh, 6’2 190, QB/Athlete, Brooklyn Center – Received invite to Minnesota and Tulsa junior day event.

Mike Flowers, 6’4 260, St. Paul Humbolt – Received invites to Minnesota and Purdue junior day events. 2011 All Conference. In 9 games, recorded 60 tackles. 2010 All-Conference. In 8 games as a sophomore, has 48 tackles (28 solo), 7 sacks, 20 TFL, 7 hurries, 3 fumble recoveries, and 1 punt blocked.

Michael Warren, 6’5 250, Providence Academy – Attended Boston College junior day. Received invite to Minnesota junior day event. All-State Second Team. In 12 games, had 94 tackles (60 solo), 11 sacks, 4 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery. In 7 games as a sophomore, had 44 tackles (33 solo) and 2 sacks, 9 TFL, 25 hurries, and 2 fumble recoveries.

Ben Oberfeld, 6’9 230, Eastview – Received invites to Minnesota and Wisconsin junior days. In 9 games, had 60 tackles (38 solo), 1.5 sacks, 2 TFLs, 2 QB pressures, 1 forced fumble, 3 fumble recoveries, and 3 PBU. In 2010 for basketball, averaged 8 PPG in 24 games.

Mikias Alipate, 6’1 205, LB, Holy Angels – Received offer from North Dakota. Received invite to Minnesota junior day event. 2011 All-State HM. In 6 games, has 62 tackles (42 solo), 2 TFL, 4 hurries, and 2 forced fumbles. Did not play as a sophomore due to transfer rules.

Chris Wipson, 6’2 210, TE/LB, Wayzata – Chris Wipson, 6’2 210, TE/LB, Wayzata – Received offer from North Dakota. Received invite to Minnesota junior day event. 2011 All-State HM. All Conference. In 13 games, had 82 tackles (52 solo), 4 sacks, 18 tackles for a loss, 8 QB hurries, 2 INTs, 4 forced fumbles, 4 passes broken up, 4 pass deflected. In 9 games as a sophomore, had 35 tackles (22 solo), 4 TFL, 1 forced fumble, 2 QB hurries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0yFqSiyewE&fea ture=youtu.be&fb_source=message

Jack Cottrell, 6’4 215, LB, Eden Prairie – Received offer from North Dakota. Received invite Minnesota, Wisconsin, Boston College, Iowa State, Western Michigan, Penn, Valporaiso, and SDSU junior day/spring practice events. 2011 All Conference HM. Started 13 games on 5A State Champion team. Recorded 89 tackles (26 solo), 6 tackles for a loss, 1 INT, 1 blocked punt, and 1 forced fumble. One of five sophomores that dressed varsity in 2010. Recorded a 4.72 40-yard dash. Carries a 3.9 GPA and 28 ACT score.

Ryan Winter, 6’3 230, LB, Woodbury – Attended Iowa junior day event. Received invite to Minnesota junior day. 2011 All Conference. Team Defensive MVP. In 9 games, had 49 tackles (23 solo), 13 sacks, 18 tackles for a loss, and 7 forced fumbles. Has a 4.0 GPA.

Karl Finkel, 6’0 200, DE/LB, Lakeville North – Attended Iowa junior day event. Received invite to Minnesota junior day. All-State Second Team. South Suburban All-Conference. In 7 games, had 20 tackles (11 solo) and 7 sacks.

Shaun Schindler, 6’3 210, LB/TE, Hutchinson – Received junior day invite from Minnesota, Iowa State, and SDSU. All Conference. In 10 games, had 66 tackles, 11 sacks, 20 tackles for a loss, 1 forced fumble, 1 recovered fumble and 1 safety. All Conference in 2010. In six games as a sophomore, had 95 tackles. Recorded a 4.8 40 yard and had a 28” vertical at the NUC. 315 max bench and 315 max squat. One of three sophomores listed on varsity roster.

Jack Cichy, 6’3 190, Hill-Murray – Received invited to Minnesota junior day. In 12 games, has 110 tackles (75 solo),1 sack, 6 TFL, 3 INT, 4 forced fumbles, 4 fumbles recovered, and 3 blocked punts. In 11 games as a sophomore, had 58 tackles (30 solo), 1 sack, 3 TFL, and 2 hurries.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/486823/jack-cichy

Alex Wood, 6’1 185, LB, Lakeville South – Received invite to Minnesota junior day. In 9 games, had 74 tackles (19 solo), 3 sacks, 5 TFL, and 1 INT.

Malik Rucker, 6’0 170, Robbinsdale Cooper – Received offer from North Dakota. Attended Wisconsin junior day. Has received invites to Minnesota, Nebraska, Michigan State, Oklahoma State, Iowa State, and Purdue junior day events. In 9 games, had 52 (25 solo) tackles, 1 INTs, and 1 fumble recovery.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/769263/malik-rucker

Mitch Johnson, 5’11 190, SS/LB, Lakeville North – Received invite to Minnesota junior day event. All-State Second Team. Pioneer Press Honorable Mention. In 11 games, has 122 tackles (45 solo), 8.5 sacks, 10 TFL, 1 INT, 3 forced fumbles, and 5 fumbles recovered. In 6 games as a sophomore, had 42 tackles (21 solo), 1.5 sacks, 1 forced fumble, and 1 fumble recovery. South Suburban All-Conference HM.

I know that McKinley Anderson started at linebacker his sophomore year at Hutch and QB his Jr. year. Likely a defensive recruit.

Nice to see a few small school kids getting invited.

That Ryan Winter kid looks pretty impressive to my novice eyes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3Hv68aOIwU

The things he does well are accelerate through the ballcarrier (at least on this short film) and maintain his gap integrity on stretch plays. A few of the tackles he made on that film were the same type of play: the ballcarrier tried to bounce it outside and Winter was in position.

If I were the coach, I would want to see a LOT more film on the kid because I would have questions about his strength at the point of attack. He seemed at times to try and absorb the blow from the OT rather than initiate contact. For all I know, that was part of the defense. He would need to be much more aggressive at the B1G level to compete. The only OT he truly beat on a pass rush on that film looked like he weighed 175 pounds and just got pulled up from JV.

I'm betting Winter's coach is telling him he needs to get stronger, more explosive, and more aggressive next year. He looks like he has some potential, but I don't think he matches up with some of the other DE/OLB film that has been posted here.

Well Done. Any insight on out of staters?

I've said it before and I'll say it a million times; this team needs a player named Bridgeport Tusler. Best name ever.

Thanks again vames. Your stuff is always greatly appreciated.

I've said it before and I'll say it a million times; this team needs a player named Bridgeport Tusler. Best name ever.

Or maybe, I'd like to buy a vowel, Aaron Haataja.

Nice job, vames!
Thank you

Disterhaupt and El-Hameed are my two favorite videos.

Disterhaupt has some serious wheels and El-Hameed is just plain explosive.

Disterhaupt and El-Hameed are my two favorite videos.

Disterhaupt has some serious wheels and El-Hameed is just plain explosive.

Any more info on Disterhaupt?
Granted he's playing at a lower level, but he looks like a nice prospect. Should be a walk on candidate for sure.

Interesting to see a number of FCS offers go out this past week. Bridge and Eden Prairie LB Jack Cottrell picked up an offers from North Dakota. Minnetonka WR Malcom Moore picked up an offer from SDSU. North Dakota previously offered Alipate, Wipson, and Rucker.

Onwualu picked up another BCS offer from Arizona and is up to 9 already.

Anyone care to take a stab at the number of players from the state of MN that will receive BCS offers this year?

I'll start the betting off at O/U 4.5. Onwuala, Brookins and Rucker seem like locks. Maybe Flowers (although it seems more like hype, not sure anyone has actually seen him play)? Maybe a couple darkhorses? Thoughts from anyone who have seen some of these other guys?

Anyone care to take a stab at the number of players from the state of MN that will receive BCS offers this year?

I'll start the betting off at O/U 4.5. Onwuala, Brookins and Rucker seem like locks. Maybe Flowers (although it seems more like hype, not sure anyone has actually seen him play)? Maybe a couple darkhorses? Thoughts from anyone who have seen some of these other guys?

Might only be a handful, 2-4 IMO.
That's if we can seal the deal with some of the top rated guys.
I do think Kill will utilize walk ons and grayshirts to his advantage on some of these D2/FCS developmental types. Hopefully this entire class is able to redshirt besides a few impact youngsters(Speed RB, LB needs come to mind)

Rucker from Cooper is a baller

Kid can play. has unusual speed for a Minnesota kid, really rare to see a guy like him that can close that quickly locally.
He actually could be a kid that ends up getting a lot of looks from other
Big 10 programs not just local schools. Top five, Rucker will be close to #1 with Onwaulu from CDH.
Olson from Monticello, Flowers DT Humboldt, Jack Cottrell LB Eden Prairie
Warren from Providence, Sales RB from Champlin Park.

Sleeper in the state Jake Disterhaupt, 6’1 185, Moose Lake/Willow River, another kid that can really play.

Those three for sure. I think Jack Cottrell and Chris Wipson will get offers too. Those guys are fast and strong and the Gophers need LB's. Michael Warren too. If Shaun Schindler keeps improving--he could be there in the end, perhaps as a greyshirt or a walkon.

Kid can play. has unusual speed for a Minnesota kid, really rare to see a guy like him that can close that quickly locally.
He actually could be a kid that ends up getting a lot of looks from other
Big 10 programs not just local schools. Top five, Rucker will be close to #1 with Onwaulu from CDH.
Olson from Monticello, Flowers DT Humboldt, Jack Cottrell LB Eden Prairie
Warren from Providence, Sales RB from Champlin Park.

Sleeper in the state Jake Disterhaupt, 6’1 185, Moose Lake/Willow River, another kid that can really play.

Yep, Rucker is a stud, I hope to he!! there is an offer for him at Jr day. Big mistake if there isn't.

Interesting to see a number of FCS offers go out this past week. Bridge and Eden Prairie LB Jack Cottrell picked up an offers from North Dakota. Minnetonka WR Malcom Moore picked up an offer from SDSU. North Dakota previously offered Alipate, Wipson, and Rucker.

Onwualu picked up another BCS offer from Arizona and is up to 9 already.
Cotrell seems like such an obvious Gophers offer. I expect him to be one of us by the summer.

As this class hasn't received much attention yet, it will be interesting to see who picks up offers over the next few months. Brookins with his speed seems like a lock for a BCS offer. Rucker has been picking up interest. Cottrell and Wipson are solid linebackers along with a number of other players. There are number of good running backs with Disterhaupt, Tusler, and Sales. Al-Hameed and Cooper RB Billy Kellogg have some nice speed. If Flowers was at CDH, I am guessing he would have a number of offers. Warren and Reinke are solid. I think Ben Oberfeld at 6'9 230 would have BCS potential at the height/weight with some solid feet.

I think it'll be 6-7

Brookins, Rucker, Onwualu are locks.....

I have been really impressed with Chris Wipson, and i'd be pretty shocked if he didn't end up with a BCS offer.
I liked Cottrell the few times I saw him more than Michaelson and Michaelson was close to getting some BCS offers.
Flowers is a question mark. I've heard good things, he's produced in HS, he has a huge frame. He's a kid who I am sure the staff really wants to see up close at a camp.
Chandler Wright is a BCS OL. He is sort of like Davidson, in that he's not MN born and bred. But he will be here longer, I think he gets a BCS offer.

At the end of the day, I think 6-7 sounds about right but there will be another 10-12 with FBS offers.

He is from Louisiana. I am not sure why he moved up here, but I remember a thing in the Mn Football Hub, that said his mother was already living here. I believe last year was his first year from Louisiana.

More junior updates as of this evening:

JT Den Hartog, 6’3 195, QB, Hopkins – Received invite to Minnesota SDSU junior day. 2011 All-Conference. In 9 games, completed 131 of 204 passes (64%) for 1616 yards and 14 touchdowns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-HpJoABKaQ

Darren Beenken, 6’4 190, Farmington – Received invite to Minnesota junior day. 2011 All Conference. In 9 games, completed 110 of 210 passes for 1534 yards and 12TDs. GPA 3.8.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvUtqwh5KM0

Billy Kellogg, 5’9 180, RB, Robbinsdale Cooper (5A) – Received invite to Minnesota junior day event. 2011 Conference Offensive MVP. In 9 games has 154 carries for 1185 yards for 7.7 ypc and 9 touchdowns. Had 15 receptions for 270 yards and 2 touchdowns.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/769260/billy-kellogg

Malcom Moore, 6’1 175, WR, Minnetonka – Received offer from SDSU. Received invites to Minnesota and Iowa junior day events. All-State Honorable Mention. Star Tribune All Metro Second Team. Pioneer Press Honorable Mention. All-Conference. In 8 games, had 35 receptions for 812 yards and 6 touchdowns. 2010 All-Conferece. In 10 games as a sophomore, had 20 receptions for 294 yards for 14.7 ypc and 4 TDs.

Tyson Reinke, 6’3 260, Eden Prairie – Received offer from North Dakota. Received invite to Minnesota junior day event. 2011 All-State Second Team. All Conference. Starting DT for 12-1 5A State Champs and recorded 38 tackles (8 solo), 6 TFL, 1 forced fumble, and 1 fumble recovered. Started 5 games as sophomore and received playing time in all 11 games. Recorded 15 tackles, 2 TFL, 1 pass deflection, and 1 fumble recovery.

Tyler Kratzke 6’4 285, Sibley East – Received invite to Minnesota junior day event.

Riley Donovan, 6’1 185, Athlete, Kasson-Mantorville – Received invite to Minnesota junior day event.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/815478/riley-donovan

More junior updates as of this evening:

JT Den Hartog, 6’3 195, QB, Hopkins – Received invite to Minnesota SDSU junior day. 2011 All-Conference. In 9 games, completed 131 of 204 passes (64%) for 1616 yards and 14 touchdowns.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-HpJoABKaQ

Darren Beenken, 6’4 190, Farmington – Received invite to Minnesota junior day. 2011 All Conference. In 9 games, completed 110 of 210 passes for 1534 yards and 12TDs. GPA 3.8.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvUtqwh5KM0

Billy Kellogg, 5’9 180, RB, Robbinsdale Cooper (5A) – Received invite to Minnesota junior day event. 2011 Conference Offensive MVP. In 9 games has 154 carries for 1185 yards for 7.7 ypc and 9 touchdowns. Had 15 receptions for 270 yards and 2 touchdowns.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/769260/billy-kellogg

Malcom Moore, 6’1 175, WR, Minnetonka – Received offer from SDSU. Received invites to Minnesota and Iowa junior day events. All-State Honorable Mention. Star Tribune All Metro Second Team. Pioneer Press Honorable Mention. All-Conference. In 8 games, had 35 receptions for 812 yards and 6 touchdowns. 2010 All-Conferece. In 10 games as a sophomore, had 20 receptions for 294 yards for 14.7 ypc and 4 TDs.

Tyson Reinke, 6’3 260, Eden Prairie – Received offer from North Dakota. Received invite to Minnesota junior day event. 2011 All-State Second Team. All Conference. Starting DT for 12-1 5A State Champs and recorded 38 tackles (8 solo), 6 TFL, 1 forced fumble, and 1 fumble recovered. Started 5 games as sophomore and received playing time in all 11 games. Recorded 15 tackles, 2 TFL, 1 pass deflection, and 1 fumble recovery.

Tyler Kratzke 6’4 285, Sibley East – Received invite to Minnesota junior day event.

Riley Donovan, 6’1 185, Athlete, Kasson-Mantorville – Received invite to Minnesota junior day event.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/815478/riley-donovan

Malcolm Moore and Reinke are interesting athletes.

Moore is a guy who I don't think will get an offer, but I wouldn't be too surprised if 4 years from now he is an effective WR wherever he is and we are all wondering why he isn't wearing Maroon and Gold. He's isn't super tall and big or as obviously explosive as a guy like Harbison.

Reinke is another guy who I doubt will get an offer. He isn't the prototypical Big 10 DT and especially for what the Gophers are trying to do with their DTs. But he is effective and he doesn't move much from the line of scrimmage. He made Cottrell and Michaelson look pretty good last year.

I agree with you on Malcolm Moore, the kid can play. I saw him play live last year against Rallis and Edina and the kid can play, he made some good catches and isn't afraid to go over the middle.

Not to be a Minnetonka homer because I graduated from there but you would think the Gophers would want to offer one of these Minnetonka kids and establish a pipeline with the amount of talent we've put out in the last couple of years (Christenson, Farrow, Webb, Moore to name a few all have DI potential).

What is your assessment of the Singleton twins? Both were named All-State HM and All-Conference. Don't appear to be picking up much interest at the moment for some reason.

Christenson, Farrow, Webb, Moore

Christenson is a Gopher and will almost certainly be on scholarship soon, if he isn't already.

Farrow had a Gopher offer and was a commit before all the who-knows-what went down.

Webb would've been a Gopher if not for poor grades.

Moore may get a Gopher offer before it's all said and done.

Thanks for the clarification dpodoll, I realize Christenson was a walk-on and is now a Gopher and there were circumstances with Farrow and Webb not under the Gophs' control....I should have worded it that I hope eventually one of the Minnetonka kids sticks and gets an offer and decides to stay home which will help land more Tonka kids in the future if some good players keep coming out of the program.

I'm hoping Christenson earns a schollie through his hard work and I'm also hoping Farrow and Webb might eventually wind up here somehow. I also realize that who knows what the future holds, maybe Minnetonka won't keep kicking out players like this but the past couple of years has been an impressive run, it can only help our Gopher football program when hometown kids stay home, same can be said for players from Eden Praire, Wayzata, Hopkins, Edina, Cretin, Mankato, Blue Earth, etc.

will we get any commitments this weekend as a result of Junior Day? Would be nice to lock in 1-2 of the top in state kids early similar to last year.

Top Bottom