Minnesota Preps - Class of 2012 Update

vames

Reaction score
Working with the editor of MinnesotaPreps.com to establish a central point for Minnesota recruiting and progress is being made. First, the editor has agreed to make the top lists free versus premium. Next we have put together lists by players and by top recruits. Below is a summary.

There have been a number of players receiving Junior Day invites that are worth reporting.

But first, Isaac Hayes reported he has picked up offers from Air Force, Western Michigan, and NDSU to go along with Virginia Tech, Army, and Navy.

Sam Lee received invites to Nebraska and Iowa State Junior Day to go along with Minnesota, Iowa, and Wisconsin.

Austin Lommen and Kasey Robinson from Breck received invites to Minnesota Junior Day.

An interesting prospect from Becker, Damien Reinke 6'6 215, received an invite to Minnesota Junior Day. I don't know much about him yet.

We are in the process of creating a page for top players by position, but it will take about a week to complete for each position.

The link to Top Player Lists is http://minnesotapreps.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=921&CID=956917

For any updates on juniors not listed, please email me at [email protected]

thanks vames, did Tavaughn Blair not get a jr day invite, or has he just not been updated?

Thanks for the post I enjoyed reading through that.

Just out of curiosity, on the minnesota preps front page it has an article about Phillip Nelson. In the brief description it says he is a gopher commit? Is this a typo or fact?

Philip Nelson is still uncommitted. Will check to see the typo and get it corrected.

What about the OG, Bryon Johnson? Rivals shows that he is from MN but is only getting interest from Wis at this time. What do you know about him and do the Gophers know about this kid?

(I think that's his name)

Are you thinking about the kid from Eastview? Zach Johnson?

Maybe, but I just was looking at some prospects that we are interested in and came across a Byron or Bryan Johnson from MN. Can't remember exactly where he is from. The only school that is showing an interest, at this time, is wisc

You must mean Bryson Johnson from Champlin Park. He's an OG listed at 6'2" and 285 lbs.

Yeah, I believe that's him. So, can anybody tell us something about him? Is he a legit D1 prospect? Does he have any interest in MN?

Top Bottom