Minnesota now has 23 commits . . .

DL65

Reaction score
according to Rivals and Scout. (If this has been mentioned earlier, so be it)

Josh Allen,C/DL and Allen Veazie, DB are no longer listed as commits.

The final weeks of this year's recruiting season should be interesting.

Go Gophers!!

We seem to be losing ground in Texas for some reason.

It is my understanding that both players were prompted to look elsewhere by the coaching staff here. Veazie may have had his offer pulled and J. Allen was asked to grayshirt.

according to Rivals and Scout. (If this has been mentioned earlier, so be it)

Josh Allen,C/DL and Allen Veazie, DB are no longer listed as commits.

It's prolly a good thing NLOI Day is in two weeks, and NOT in two months, or the fax machine at Bierman wouldn't be hummin' at all:(

Let's wait and see what happens. If it's true these two were asked to look elsewhere, maybe there are some good things on the horizon. I'm optimistic Brewster will finish up recruiting very strong. There will be some surprises.

What would be the reasoning to grayshirt Allen? Is it a nice way to say we don't want you?

What would be the reasoning to grayshirt Allen? Is it a nice way to say we don't want you?

Certainly could be. It might also mean we have oversigned this class still want the player but can't fit him in this year. Or the player has an injury that will keep them from playing next year so why waste the schollie this year if he isn't going to play.

In this case it seems to be more likely to be one of the first two, no health issues about Allen have been talked about.

Brew always has a plan in regards to recruiting. I'm not going to lose sleep before signing day but I am very interested where all these scholarships are going.

Methinks it will be very important for the new OC to be named quickly. My only concern with the loss of Fisch is how that might impact recruiting.

Methinks it will be very important for the new OC to be named quickly. My only concern with the loss of Fisch is how that might impact recruiting.

Yeah, they might end up with too many commits now.

Thanks for the information Mr. Pete. I won't call you handsome, because I don't know if you are handsome. The word "professor" is causing problems on another thread and I'd hate to bring embroil you in a debate over whether or not your moniker is accurate or not. Purely kidding of course.

Thanks for the information Mr. Pete. I won't call you handsome, because I don't know if you are handsome. The word "professor" is causing problems on another thread and I'd hate to bring embroil you in a debate over whether or not your moniker is accurate or not. Purely kidding of course.

hahaha. but seriously, a 50 pound head? that seems a little unbelievable. unless you say it's true, then i'll believe you. it's really not that big a deal to me.

Josh Allen appears to have some grade issues so they asked him to gray shirt, which he didn't want to do so we cut bait. Look at the schools he's considering instead of us and it's clear it was us who let him go, not the other way around. Same goes for Veazie. Just look at the schools he's now considering and it becomes clear we cooled on him. Hawkins, who is NOT gone is a different story. He's got great offers and has been considering TCU for some time now, so it's neither new, nor a done deal.

hahaha. but seriously, a 50 pound head? that seems a little unbelievable. unless you say it's true, then i'll believe you. it's really not that big a deal to me.

Trapped! My giant noggin (7 5/8) probably only comes in at about 20 pounds.

Josh Allen appears to have some grade issues so they asked him to gray shirt, which he didn't want to do so we cut bait. Look at the schools he's considering instead of us and it's clear it was us who let him go, not the other way around. Same goes for Veazie. Just look at the schools he's now considering and it becomes clear we cooled on him...

Disturbing observations being made above on a couple of recruits from Texas.

Either the comments are true...or false.

If the comments are false, and the Gophers are simply losing these recruits to other teams, then that means Brewster is getting his azz kicked on the recruiting trail.:eek:

otoh, if Costa Rican Gopher's comments are true, and Brewster is 'cooling' on these guys, and/or is letting them go, either directly, or indirectly (i.e. take a gray shirt?), then what does this type of underhanded recruiting tactic do for Brewster's reputation in Texas?:rolleyes:

If the comments are false, and the Gophers are simply losing these recruits to other teams, then that means Brewster is getting his azz kicked on the recruiting trail.:eek:

otoh, if Costa Rican Gopher's comments are true, and Brewster is 'cooling' on these guys, and/or is letting them go, either directly, or indirectly (i.e. take a gray shirt?), then what does this type of underhanded recruiting tactic do for Brewster's reputation in Texas?:rolleyes:

You bring up a good observation however I would include a couple other scenarios.

#1 if it's grades I don't think Brewster can really do much more besides g-shirt. In the past it seems like some players appreciated that Brewster continued to have interest in them while they were getting their grades and ACT's sorted out. So if that's the case with these recruit(s) can't really say he's getting his rear end kicked or that he's using underhanded recruiting.

#2. If Brewster was up front with them from the beginning that they weren't guaranteed a schollie as they're still recruiting other athletes; I wouldn't classify that as an underhanded recruiting tactic either.

I guess the only thing to do is wait and see what happens.

Are you ever positive about anything regarding Gopher Football?

ConferenceChamp, the thing is, what you don't know could fill the definitive manual no college football recruiting. Do you like annoying?

Do you think all the ripping of the football team, players, and coach constantly, might have something to do with some of the recruits changing their minds?

If it is grades, it might say something about the offer lists for these guys. Veazie looks really good in his tape and did have an offer from Miami (Ohio), which is an academically solid school, so I doubt it's grades in his case, but who knows?

Allen seemed to get a ton of buzz after last off-season, but his offer list doesn't seem to match the buzz.

Interesting at any rate.

"Thanks for the information Mr. Pete. I won't call you handsome, because I don't know if you are handsome."

You also don't know if he is Pete.

Top Bottom