Minnesota needs too look back at OSU home game...

Gopher_Pride

Banned
Reaction score
The Gophers really need to look back at that game and say, "Hey where did this high level of play go to." The gophers beat OSU by 11 points and Turner played for 38 mins and had 20 points. Yes Nolan played in that game, but Hoffarber stole the show...27pts, 7 treys. The gophers need to once again realize that they do have the talent to play with anybody. OSU is destroying the Illini in champaign right now. Last I checked it was a 20 point game with about 4 minutes remaining. Illinois is on fire!

For those who say the Gophers have not done enough to get into the NCAA...take a look at two key wins...Butler(15), likely to move up, and OSU(13) could be a top 10 team. The Gophers beat Butler as a top 10 team. When it's all said and done the Gophers may end up being two top ten teams! They have lost some gimme games, but so has every team on the Bubble in the Big Ten.

The Gophers need to come out on fire today, and re-establish themselves as a force to be dealt with. Winning today would be a key road win that they need. It's not a great road win, but the commitee will likely see that we won the dog fight over another Bubble team on their home floor.

I would have to say that 20 wins and 1 win in the BTT would likely get us a decent seed in the tourney...8 or 9.

Any comments on this post? I would like to hear other opinions? Am I being way to optimistic, or is there still hope?

To be honest, I think they caught OSU at an oppurtune time. Being optimistic is cool. Heck, why not? Even if they lose the remaining conference games I'll hope they win the Big Ten tourney and get in that way. Can't help myself.

Yeah I kind of thought that too. Nobody knew how Turner would come out too, but he had a nice game...something like 20 pts..8 assists...7 boards and a few steals. I think maybe if we draw the 6th seed in the BTT, we would win number 1 for sure against PSU, then maybe have some confidence and win at least 1 more. In 2007 we made a nice run with a very similar team.

Top Bottom