Minnesota is investing in PJ Fleck and his staff like they've never invested in football before - FootballScoop

Good to hear, but still seeing a lot of coaches leave... :unsure:

with the open transfer policy about to be passed for the NCAA- MN is lucky to have the ultimate salesman of PJ Fleck. He was built to win in this new dawn. buckle up

Yes and it’s now the time for front running fans to buy tickets and help pay the bills!

with the open transfer policy about to be passed for the NCAA- MN is lucky to have the ultimate salesman of PJ Fleck. He was built to win in this new dawn. buckle up

This is very true. If the transfer landscape does open up even more the way it appears it might, it will be very interesting to see how someone like Fleck uses it. One thing is certain, he is very willing to adapt and change to shifts in how things are done. This might be far tougher for many of the older coaches.

If they want to be relevant they need to invest like the big boys. They are definitely evolving into a big time program. They have been so far behind the times as far as supporting the football teams through the years, it takes time to reverse that trend. They are on the way.

Edit: When I say "they" I mean the university and whatever groups pay the bills. Not a shot at fans in any way.

It's good to see we have an administration that understands what fuels the athletic department.

Kaler and the Regents understood and laid the groundwork; upgraded facilities, TCF, dumping Teague, hiring HC's who made needed changes within the program, etc. These things don't just happen overnight.

Confusing headline. Do they mean Gophers are investing as never before? Or that Gophers are investing as if we have no clue about how to invest in football because we've never done it before?

I initially thought it said investigating and I was like "WTF is going on now!"

I initially thought it said investigating and I was like "WTF is going on now!"

I also saw investigating the first time I looked at the thread title. Was very relieved when I realized I had read it wrong. Glad I wasn't the only one :)

If they want to be relevant they need to invest like the big boys. They are definitely evolving into a big time program. They have been so far behind the times as far as supporting the football teams through the years, it takes time to reverse that trend. They are on the way.

Edit: When I say "they" I mean the university and whatever groups pay the bills. Not a shot at fans in any way.
That's the key. To say they've invested like never before only means they're not laughable. I believe overall investment is still a ways behind other B1G teams.

Top Bottom