Minnesota in the NCAA.....

leftyslefty

Reaction score
after all. Wofford beats College of Charlston as Rundles, Dahlman and Diggs combine for 58 points.

Sam Dower chips in 10 and 4 for the Zags as they beat St. Marys

......and of course that bevy of Badgers!

OMG!!! We should have gotten all of these guys to sign!!! What was Tubby thinking!!! We'd be NCAA Champs!!! Why do we continually not sign every Minnesota D-I recruit year after year??? There's probably some other MN guys besides Joe Coleman that might contribute next year at the D-I level. We'd better send Tubby out to scour all corners of our state quickly!!! We can't miss out on anyone from our great state!!!

OMG!!! We should have gotten all of these guys to sign!!! What was Tubby thinking!!! We'd be NCAA Champs!!! Why do we continually not sign every Minnesota D-I recruit year after year??? There's probably some other MN guys besides Joe Coleman that might contribute next year at the D-I level. We'd better send Tubby out to scour all corners of our state quickly!!! We can't miss out on anyone from our great state!!!

+1. Thank you for the laugh. I will be pulling for Dahlman and co. from Wofford after nearly beating Sconi in last year's tourney.

Hmmmm.....

does it say anywhere in there that I thought they should be playing for the Gophers? Merely acknowledging an accomplishment by some Minnesota natives.

For the record, we tried to get Dower, and Rundles could have helped us.

I went to Gonzaga for my first year of law school (now at Marquette), so I'm a pretty big Gonzaga fan. Dower is a great talent for the Zags, he's already one of their best bench post players and he's only a red shirt freshman. The Gophers are my #1 team, but I'm glad Gonzaga and Marquette (hopefully) will be in the tournament so I have some teams to cheer for.

Also, about Dower. I've been told that Dower was offered preferred walk on by Tubby and so that is why he decided to go to Gonzaga. That comes from my good friend who went to undergrad at Gonzaga and now goes to law school there. He's friends with a few of the players and that is what Dower told him. So I don't blame Dower for choosing Gonzaga, take that free education. I also don't blame Tubby either, at the time we had Ralph, Colt, Mbakwe, White, Carter, and Damian all able to play either the 4 or the 5.

In retrospect dower would have been a better get than white, but you can't do that at the time.

I think you mean Trent Lockett would have been a better get, but of course you take that risk on White. I love how the great MN writers make it seem like we shouldn't have.

In retrospect dower would have been a better get than white, but you can't do that at the time.

Let's not forget about these Minnesotans projected to be apart of the NCAA tourney this year:

Mike Muscala - Bucknell (leading scorer for the Bison) - Roseville grad
Mike Broghammer - Notre Dame (barely plays) - Hopkins grad
Kevin Noreen - West Virginia (not sure if he's injured but hasn't played much since the fall) - Minn Transitions grad
Emmanual Addo - Northern Colorado (averaging 7pts/game) - Northfield native
David Hicks - Long Island (3rd leading scorer) - Henry Sibley I believe
Brad Brown - Utah St (barely plays) - Orono

<Sarcasm>If the Gophers had signed only a couple of the players above...</Sarcasm>

Wofford showed a lot of moxie last night. Down the stretch they played like a team that has been there before.

I would imagine Wofford's coach will continue to make Minnesota one of his primary stomping grounds for recruiting. That's a nice thing he can tell a kid from Minnesota. ... come down here like Dahlman, Diggs and Rundles did (granted, after transfers for Diggs and Rundles) and we can get you to a couple NCAA tournaments.

Wofford was my 2nd favorite team this year. Hopefully those guys come back and play in the Howard Pulley league again, Rundles has been entertaining in those games. I hope they can knock someone off in round 1 this year.

David Hicks went to St. Thomas Academy, not Henry Sibley. And SS, Wofford actually has a Minnesotan signed for next, Lucas Brown from Roseville.

after all. Wofford beats College of Charlston as Rundles, Dahlman and Diggs combine for 58 points.

Sam Dower chips in 10 and 4 for the Zags as they beat St. Marys

......and of course that bevy of Badgers!

Anyone else catch the PBP guy last night say Noah's brother "starred" for MSU. That was news to me. I had to rewind it a few times just to make sure I heard it right.

does it say anywhere in there that I thought they should be playing for the Gophers? Merely acknowledging an accomplishment by some Minnesota natives.

For the record, we tried to get Dower, and Rundles could have helped us.

True, you didn't say that per se. I'm glad that local kids are having success. I just hate how whenever some MN kid makes a basket for another D-I team people pile on with the "we missed out" sentiment. Happens all the time on the football board too when a MN kid so much as makes a tackle.

Sure, we want to get the best MN kids but a lot of their success has to do with the situation of the team they go to. Would Jordan Taylor be as dominant of a PG if he played in Tubby's system? No. Would guys like Noah Dalman and Nate Wolters put up the numbers or be as good of players as they are for smaller schools who look to them as go-to-guys? No.

You can't always look at the sheer numbers and say "boy, I wish we would have gotten X instead of Y, etc.

Minnesota, with only one D-I program, has 2-3 times the population of some states with 3-4 D-I programs. Doesn't speak well of our ability to keep local stars at home.

Minnesota, with only one D-I program, has 2-3 times the population of some states with 3-4 D-I programs. Doesn't speak well of our ability to keep local stars at home.

You're right. We should petition the NCAA for more basketball scholarships so we can keep them all on our roster.

No joke.. this all minnesotan team would have been a final four team ATLEAST if we had the best ones on our roster... instead of soft ones from Georgia.. thats why a coach in the form of Tim Miles would not be half bad as he would get the in state players. Tubby is looking for athletes not basketball players and the state of Minnesota generally has basketball players not athletes

No joke.. this all minnesotan team would have been a final four team ATLEAST if we had the best ones on our roster... instead of soft ones from Georgia.. thats why a coach in the form of Tim Miles would not be half bad as he would get the in state players. Tubby is looking for athletes not basketball players and the state of Minnesota generally has basketball players not athletes

Tubby needs to get the TOP talent in MN and he has done that. Trevor Mbakwe, Royce White, Rodney Williams, Joe Coleman.

Do you think there is a reason these kids ended up at Gonzaga and Wofford? Hoffarber had MUCH better offers than that. Stop acting like these kids were recruited by Coach Cal as one and dones and Tubby just couldn't land them.

No joke.. this all minnesotan team would have been a final four team ATLEAST if we had the best ones on our roster... instead of soft ones from Georgia

And if a frog had wings, he wouldn't bump his ass when he hops.

I can't tell if you're serious or not lol. Exactly which players are you referring to, since Tubby's first class with Ralph and co. are you referring to that would have had us in the Final Four?

Let's not forget about these Minnesotans projected to be apart of the NCAA tourney this year:

Mike Muscala - Bucknell (leading scorer for the Bison) - Roseville grad
Mike Broghammer - Notre Dame (barely plays) - Hopkins grad
Kevin Noreen - West Virginia (not sure if he's injured but hasn't played much since the fall) - Minn Transitions grad
Emmanual Addo - Northern Colorado (averaging 7pts/game) - Northfield native
David Hicks - Long Island (3rd leading scorer) - Henry Sibley I believe
Brad Brown - Utah St (barely plays) - Orono

<Sarcasm>If the Gophers had signed only a couple of the players above...</Sarcasm>

broghammer had knee surgery.. done for the year..

Orono had brad brown, jon leuer, and an 8th grader named jordan smith... they were knocked out of 4A sections in the first round that year by delasalle led by a 10th grader named White. FIRST ROUND!.. that section also had BSM ( jordan taylor, A. Battle ).

where has all the talent gone?

Top Bottom