Minnesota Hoops and Hockey to be Featured in 2018 Super Saturday Doubleheader at MSG

Hopefully we can pack MSG for both games with gopher fans.

Well, both programs now have a deadline to turn themselves around.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I'm really trying to get behind this idea, and just can't. Funny how the Gophers literally played there last year against St. John's. Didn't hear much about it then.

And they'll be playing in front of about 500 people in an NBA arena. That just sounds awkward; not special. I'd like the home game back.

Love this. Should only help Pitino's East Coast pipeline. Every East Coast kid he recruits leading up to the 2017-2018 season knows they'll be playing at MSG. It's a pretty nice recruiting tool.

Do you really think this is that big of a deal given that we already play at Rutgers, Maryland, and PSU and most other BIG teams will be getting this double header in the coming years?

Do you really think this is that big of a deal given that we already play at Rutgers, Maryland, and PSU and most other BIG teams will be getting this double header in the coming years?
Really? You think Madison Square Garden is the same as those arenas? Every kid in the northeast grows up dreaming of playing at Madison Square Garden some day. Hell, most musicians have the same dream. It's an iconic venue in more ways than one.

Really? You think Madison Square Garden is the same as those arenas? Every kid in the northeast grows up dreaming of playing at Madison Square Garden some day. Hell, most musicians have the same dream. It's an iconic venue in more ways than one.

That one game will be major recruiting advantage over conferences other than the Big East or BIG 10 who will be playing their conference tournaments there anyways in 2018. Not to mention the other major teams that play preseason tournaments/match ups there.

If that's their driving factor, why wouldn't they go to St. John's and play there virtually every home game? Or better yet in comparison to the Gophers, if a player wants to get away from the Northeast, they can go to Creighton, Butler, or Marquette and play in MSG probably every season.

If that's their driving factor, why wouldn't they go to St. John's and play there virtually every home game? Or better yet in comparison to the Gophers, if a player wants to get away from the Northeast, they can go to Creighton, Butler, or Marquette and play in MSG probably every season.

Or the Big Ten tournament. I feel like 30-40% of power 5 + Big East teams will play a game there in 2018.

Top Bottom