Minnesota High School Football Section Championship Matchups

Club teams are not traveling teams.
No. Club is like AAU and the like.

This is the definition of the youth travel program from the local basketball association site.

Travel teams typically practice twice a week and play a schedule of weekend tournaments, with approximately half the team’s games on Saturday and half on Sunday. Please carefully consider this commitment.

Whether you choose to believe it or not, every single kid that went to the tryouts made a team, and every single team plays in tournaments every weekend. I specifically asked the guy I coached with what percent of kids make the team, and he said 100% - they keep adding teams.

House is one practice and one game per week.

What will the impact be of Chatfield's QB not playing?
I'll still pick Chatfield to win the game. The QB is a very dominant player, but they have some great talent besides him though. It's almost like the Cal teams of years past where they lose a great player at some point in the season and still go on to win it all.

I'll also take Leroy-Ostrander by 35+ in the title game. Their QB and RB are ridiculously good. That QB on turf is darned-near impossible to tackle.

No. Club is like AAU and the like.

This is the definition of the youth travel program from the local basketball association site.

Travel teams typically practice twice a week and play a schedule of weekend tournaments, with approximately half the team’s games on Saturday and half on Sunday. Please carefully consider this commitment.

Whether you choose to believe it or not, every single kid that went to the tryouts made a team, and every single team plays in tournaments every weekend. I specifically asked the guy I coached with what percent of kids make the team, and he said 100% - they keep adding teams.

House is one practice and one game per week.
Ok. Things are changing and certainly the meaning of traveling team has changed. Thanks for the first-hand insight.

I have no idea what bizarre hill you're trying to die on .... but you do you.
Citidiot, club and traveling are different words, different meaning. But your more intelligent suburban peer has explained that these days anything can be classified as traveling and apparently there are even tournaments for 4th grade D, E, F, and G teams.

You weren't aware that on a given weekend, it's possible that more than one tournament is held?

You weren't aware that on a given weekend, it's possible that more than one tournament is held?
I'm aware there are many tournaments every weekend. Unlike you I was part of it. I was not aware that there are now apparently tournaments for Traveling A, B, C, D, E, F, and G teams for each grade. Must be several hundred a week these days.

I'm aware there are many tournaments every weekend. Unlike you I was part of it. I was not aware that there are now apparently tournaments for Traveling A, B, C, D, E, F, and G teams for each grade. Must be several hundred a week these days.
At this level, they are not A,B,C,D etc. The tryouts are specifically to even out the talent between the teams. I don't know at what grade level they start stacking the most talented on one or two teams. Or maybe at this point, they leave that to the AAU teams to be all-stars.

House does the same thing as far as setting up teams. I wish for house they'd still go mainly by grade school so kids are playing with their friends.

Clearly, it bothers you! :ROFLMAO:

If the parents want to pay for it, if the kids are getting what they want out of it ... sure. Why not? Why not have E, F, G, etc.... tournaments you travel to?

Top Bottom