Minnesota Golden Gophers in the NFL - 2023 Season

Go Gophers!!
If Ibrahim were truly serious about an NFL career he should have declared earlier and not played last year.
For whatever misguided reason he played last year he should have limited his carries to no more than 25 per game.
NFL GMs see him as well past his do not use past this date.

If Ibrahim were truly serious about an NFL career he should have declared earlier and not played last year.
For whatever misguided reason he played last year he should have limited his carries to no more than 25 per game.
You think his draft stock would have been higher coming off an Achilles injury? Doubt it. He need to prove he could still run.

You think his draft stock would have been higher coming off an Achilles injury? Doubt it. He need to prove he could still run.
Could be totally wrong but Mo strikes me as someone who understood his game wasn't a great fit for the current NFL so he elected to stay in college and use up all his eligibility.

Totally understand why he is taking a shot and I hope it works out for him but it isn't hard to see that his style of play doesn't fit what they are looking for in the NFL and he is going to be a longshot to make it.

The INT was a bad read by TM

I have to remind myself that TM is playing with all of the 8th and 9th string players trying to get into the roster so it’s just hard for him to shine. Passes are accurate but dropped by these 9th string WRs.

TM just got the ball batted out of his hand on a scramble on a 3rd and 12 pass play where Steelers lost 20 yards!

It’s hard to watch to be honest.
He's also playing against the same level of players.

He's also playing against the same level of players.
I’m sure we’ll all find out before Tuesday by 4 PM. Most likely by tomorrow.

One analyst said maybe Mason Rudolph will get cut to make room for TM on the practice squad? 🤞

I’m sure we’ll all find out before Tuesday by 4 PM. Most likely by tomorrow.

One analyst said maybe Mason Rudolph will get cut to make room for TM on the practice squad? 🤞
Would be great if he does...just not sure he has what teams classically look for in a QB.

Eric Murray has made a few nice plays tonight.

Well, that’s about it for TM in the NFL as a player? Highly doubt he’ll get picked up by another NFL team to play.

Coaching? CFL? Arena? XFL?

So as of now currently rostered we have:

Bucs: Antoine Winfield Jr, Ko Kieft
Saints: Jordan Howden
Bears: Terrell Smith
Texans: Blake Cashman, Eric Murray
Titans: Jack Gibbens
Ravens: Rashod Bateman, Daniel Faalele
Giants: Carter Coughlin, John Michael Schmitz
Packers: Devondre Campbell
Commanders: Benjamin St. Juste
Seahawks: Boye Mafe

Last edited:

You maybe have a case to declare after 2020
No case after 2021 coming off that injury

He is kind of a Ron Dayne problem . Great college back imo not nfl skill set. I don’t think it matters when he came out, he was a long shot. Not enough size to be an H. Not enough wiggle to be a 3rd down back. Not enough speed to be an every down back.
He just doesn’t fit an NFL role

Dayne at least made a roster and played a few years.

So as of now currently rostered we have:

Bucs: Antoine Winfield Jr, Ko Kieft
Saints: Jordan Howden
Bears: Terrell Smith
Texans: Brian Cashman, Eric Murray
Titans: Jack Gibbens
Ravens: Rashod Bateman, Daniel Faalele
Giants: Carter Coughlin, John Michael Schmitz
Packers: Devondre Campbell
Commanders: Benjamin St. Juste
Seahawks: Boye Mafe
I presume the top three teams in the East have more players on an NFL roster but how do the MN numbers stack up against the other teams in the weakling West?

I presume the top three teams in the East have more players on an NFL roster but how do the MN numbers stack up against the other teams in the weakling West?
Minnesota: 14
Wisconsin: 21
Iowa: 28
Illinois: 18
Purdue: 13
Nebraska: 16
Northwestern: 11

Top Bottom