Minnesota Fans Hope That Isaac Hayes Doesn't Give the Gophers The Shaft

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Isaac Hayes, a 6-foot-3, 270-pound junior lineman from Mendota Heights (Minn.) St. Thomas Academy, visited Minnesota this weekend. Hayes comes from a football family. His older brother, Anthony Hayes, signed with Stanford last month. Hayes has received seven Division I scholarship offers and three offers from Division I-AA schools. GopherHole.com caught up with Hayes to learn more about his visit and recruitment.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1360

Your headline writer sure stretched on this one...and it was deceptive. It lead me to believe that he had committed and you were concerned he would back out. At least it's creative!

Hope we get him. Interesting to hear his comments on how Coach Kill is selling the U. Probably the same thing the Brew said to recruits but there is a large amount of evidence Coach Kill can do that versus wishful thinking. To think that we could actually be witnessing a turnaround in this program is exciting. Hope he's a part of it...I sure am!

Kill's track record for turning programs around should help him on the recruiting trail for the first couple of years. Hopefully, success in the W-L category will help him after that.

Great interview! I've seen Isaac play and he would definitely help Gopher football.

Too bad Brewster slacked on his brother, would have been awesome to have both of them. Here's hoping Isaac picks the U, he is one of the top 3 players in this class it appears.

Yes I hope he doesn't give us the "shaft".

I also hope he can be the "chef" of our return to greatness ;)

the shaft

I think the person that posted this needs to post an explanation of this expression (per the late 1960's/early 1970's hit song and its singer) and why it is appropo here. The recruit in question and other younger gopherhole participants may not really understand the meaning. It has nothing to do with backing out of a verbal.

I've only seen this kid play a couple of times and at that time I always assumed he would be a OG/C at the next level, but he is pretty athletic and nasty as a G. I personally thought he looked good as a DT, but I thought Harden was more impressive as a DT. I would be interested in hearing what other people who have seen him play more thought of him, especially on the defensive side of the ball (i'm already sold at OG).

Here is also a clip of his playing OL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdteQ1L5b9o

Wait a sec...shouldn't this read 'Minnesota Fans Hope That Isaac Hayes DOES Give the Gophers the Shaft'?

I think the person that posted this needs to post an explanation of this expression (per the late 1960's/early 1970's hit song and its singer) and why it is appropo here. The recruit in question and other younger gopherhole participants may not really understand the meaning. It has nothing to do with backing out of a verbal.

Already discussed several times
http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?t=27683

Plus I think you grossly underestimate the average age of the gopherhole posters.

Top Bottom