Minnesota Daily: Sissoko

bball_craz_31

Reaction score
https://www.mndaily.com/article/202...bench-kadi-sissoko-is-ready-to-make-an-impact

"
Her length and versatility could prove vital to the Gophers this season, who will need to fill two spots in the starting lineup after the departure of Jasmine Brunson and Taiye Bello. While she was recruited as a guard out of high school, Sissoko is currently designated as a forward on Minnesota’s roster. Standing at 6-foot-2-inches, Sissoko believes she can play guard or forward for Minnesota this season.

“In [the] French national team, I would play as a four or as a two, and they were using me pretty much anywhere, and that’s a part of my game that I think is really good,” said Sissoko, who models her game after WNBA player and former Minnesota Lynx guard Seimone Augustus along with the NBA’s Kevin Durant."

https://www.mndaily.com/article/202...bench-kadi-sissoko-is-ready-to-make-an-impact

“In [the] French national team, I would play as a four or as a two, and they were using me pretty much anywhere, and that’s a part of my game that I think is really good,” said Sissoko, who models her game after WNBA player and former Minnesota Lynx guard Seimone Augustus along with the NBA’s Kevin Durant."

I like this quote.

Good article by Paul Hodowanic. Hopefully WBB will get a bit more coverage from the Daily this season.

Pretty sure Augustus has never played as a four.

Pretty sure Augustus has never played as a four.
I’m pretty sure the quote said she has played 2 and 4. Also pretty sure didn’t only say modeled her game after Augustus...I think Durant is also someone she mentioned who has played the 4.

Odd someone who says they want the team to win is nit-picking at the player who will likely be one of the biggest reasons for winning in the coming season.. :rolleyes:

Kind of interesting that she mentions the 2 and the 4. I'm guessing she'd do just fine at the 3 as well.

When Seimone came into the WNBA, at that time (but not so much anymore) she was tall for a 2 at 6 foot. Seimone could have easily played the 3 at that time, but she's more of a shooter's shooter, and thus a 2 all of her career. Until this article, I didn't realize Seimone left the Lynx for the Sparks. That's gonna be a bit weird, but there's a lot of mobility lately between WNBA teams.

Top Bottom