Minnesota @ Colorado 2021 - Media Predictions

IceBoxGopher

Reaction score
Picks and Parlays has Minnesota winning 35-31
Both of these teams are 1-1 after the first 2 weeks of their year looking to get things on track in week 3. Both teams have played high ranking opponents and each played well showing promise for the season. Minnesota is the better and deeper team heading into Colorado giving the Golden Gophers a distinct advantage. Minnesota plays well on the road and will carry that into Folsom Field keeping things close enough to cover the small number. Final Score Prediction, the Minnesota Golden Gophers win and cover ATS.

The Game Haus has Minnesota winning the matchup against Colorado

At College Football News the consensus pick is for the Buffaloes, with 12 writers taking Colorado and four predicting a Minnesota win

Sports Chat Place has Colorado winning
I honestly think that this is a game where the line tells us the direction of this game. Most times, I’d give the edge to Minnesota as just the better team, but the loss of Ibrahim was a big one and the Gophers barely got by Miami-Ohio. Colorado was unlucky not to get a win against Texas A&M, but I think they make amends with a win and cover here.

Picks and Parlays has Minnesota winning 35-31
Both of these teams are 1-1 after the first 2 weeks of their year looking to get things on track in week 3. Both teams have played high ranking opponents and each played well showing promise for the season. Minnesota is the better and deeper team heading into Colorado giving the Golden Gophers a distinct advantage. Minnesota plays well on the road and will carry that into Folsom Field keeping things close enough to cover the small number. Final Score Prediction, the Minnesota Golden Gophers win and cover ATS.
I would absolutely love this outcome.

Bleacher Report has the Gophers winning 28-24
Not much is expected from either of those Power Five programs in 2021, but that didn't stop them both from giving a College Football Playoff contender a run for its money. Minnesota led Ohio State deep into the third quarter, and Colorado led Texas A&M until late in the fourth quarter. Neither one was able to pull off the upset, but the winner of this game will be deemed a team to watch out for moving forward. And I like Minnesota to pull off a slight upset on the road, with running back Treyson Potts looking like an adequate replacement for the injured Mohamed Ibrahim.

Yahoo sports chimes in:

What’s Going To Happen​

Minnesota will still be able to run the ball.

Losing star Mohamed Ibrahim for the season was a huge blow, but Treyson Potts was able to handle the work, running 34 times for 178 yards and two scores against Miami University. He’s not going to have enough room to move this week.

Don’t expect a whole lot of points. Both defenses will hold up well, neither side will generate enough big plays down the field to open it up, and it’ll be like pulling teeth at times to get points on the board.

At home, Colorado’s defensive front will do just enough to get out on the right side of a close game after just missing on a massive upset over Texas A&M.

Colorado 23, Minnesota 17

Go Gophers!!

My feelings leading up to this game are the same as they were going into the Fresno St. games.

🤞

nytoku2.gif

It is REALLY hard to tell much about the Colorado defense after watching them play against that backup QB from TA&M. That poor kid was just clueless out there from start to finish. Not a single clue how Colorado lost that game.

WestCoastCFB has Colorado winning 24-20
Colorado nearly pulled off one of the biggest upsets of the season during their heartbreaking 10-7 loss to #5 Texas AM. The Buffs proved their defense, led by Nate Landman, is one of the best in the conference and now they must bounce back quickly with another P5 opponent coming to Boulder. Minnesota lost their star running back to a season ending injury and after losing to Ohio State by 14 the Gophers only beat Miami (Ohio) by 5 last weekend. The Buffs will lean on their defense and pound the rock giving them just enough points to pull off the win.

At Athlon Sports, in their weekly picks, all three writers are predicting a Gophers win.

ESPN SP+, according to Yahoo Sports, has the Gophers winning 30-27

It is REALLY hard to tell much about the Colorado defense after watching them play against that backup QB from TA&M. That poor kid was just clueless out there from start to finish. Not a single clue how Colorado lost that game.
heckuva pass to the their RB in the endzone. I only watched the last couple of minutes.

In what appears to be two equally matched teams I always choose the team with the better defense.

Well, looks like the predictions favor Colorado overall but only slightly (from above, 15-11 for Colorado). Hope the team rewards those who had faith in them.

I can't believe someone from Athlon predicted a Gopher victory. Typically if there is a prediction for a bad Gopher season, a Gopher loss, etc., it is from Athlon. Perhaps USA Today is the new Athlon?

Wolverines Wire writers (try saying that three times fast) are split on their picks.
TRENT KNOOP: The Gophers look to have a solid team this year, but losing Mo Ibrahim for the season was a killer to the season. They are going to need to rely on Tanner Morgan to shoulder the load. Minnesota is going to have its hands full taking on Colorado who just about upset Texas A&M last weekend. Colorado 21, Minnesota 20

ISAIAH HOLE:
The Gophers put up a fight against a flawed Ohio State team and followed it up with a close win over a team it should have beaten handily. Meanwhile, the Buffaloes nearly took down preseason darling Texas A&M. The line indicates that it’s a toss-up favoring the home team, but I think Minnesota is better than this. Trey Potts continues running hard and Tanner Morgan makes up the difference. Minnesota 28, Colorado 24

This game will be close. The Gophers IMO are a better team. But they are on the road. Also, we have to pass the ball. Good teams won't let a second string RB run for 200 yards on them.

RPO them to death and put up points. Our defense can't stop anyone, that we have already established.

The "just about upset TA&M" mantra is really being overplayed. The game was at home, at altitude, and against a backup QB who was clearly in over his head.

I don't think I'm betting the game, but the Gophers should win this one.

The "just about upset TA&M" mantra is really being overplayed. The game was at home, at altitude, and against a backup QB who was clearly in over his head.

I don't think I'm betting the game, but the Gophers should win this one.
Just like the "Gophers played Ohio State tough" LOL.

I'm with ya though, I think we win but I also think it will be close. What's the line? -2 Bufs? Bet it, I think we win by a field goal...

Wolverines Wire writers (try saying that three times fast) are split on their picks.
TRENT KNOOP: The Gophers look to have a solid team this year, but losing Mo Ibrahim for the season was a killer to the season. They are going to need to rely on Tanner Morgan to shoulder the load. Minnesota is going to have its hands full taking on Colorado who just about upset Texas A&M last weekend. Colorado 21, Minnesota 20

ISAIAH HOLE:
The Gophers put up a fight against a flawed Ohio State team and followed it up with a close win over a team it should have beaten handily. Meanwhile, the Buffaloes nearly took down preseason darling Texas A&M. The line indicates that it’s a toss-up favoring the home team, but I think Minnesota is better than this. Trey Potts continues running hard and Tanner Morgan makes up the difference. Minnesota 28, Colorado 24
Isiaih Hole...Gopher Hole. Coincidence? I think not.

Colorado has struggled to score since last year. The two times last year they went over 24 points they threw for over 250 and ran for over 175. When they’ve struggled to have a balanced game they haven’t been able to score a lot. I don’t really see them unleashing their young QB and they’ll lean too heavy on the run to rack up many points. I think 28 points wins it for the gophers.

....The line indicates that it’s a toss-up favoring the home team, but I think Minnesota is better than this. Minnesota 28, Colorado 24
That thought explains why many observers (including us, of course) are keeping the faith in Minnesota. They looked at this team and saw the veteran presence and potential. Tomorrow would be a perfect time to demonstrate that we really are "better than this."

Colorado has struggled to score since last year. The two times last year they went over 24 points they threw for over 250 and ran for over 175. When they’ve struggled to have a balanced game they haven’t been able to score a lot. I don’t really see them unleashing their young QB and they’ll lean too heavy on the run to rack up many points. I think 28 points wins it for the gophers.

Of course, that QB who threw for those yards last year won't be around (he's now at Oregon State). Their #1 running back also was injured in the A&M game but I don't know whether or not he will play tomorrow. In any event, they have plenty of talented runners but I agree that they likely may struggle if we hold the runs down and they have to pass beyond their comfort zone.

Of course, that QB who threw for those yards last year won't be around (he's now at Oregon State). Their #1 running back also was injured in the A&M game but I don't know whether or not he will play tomorrow. In any event, they have plenty of talented runners but I agree that they likely may struggle if we hold the runs down and they have to pass beyond their comfort zone.
I predict that he will not play tomorrow, book it.

Top Bottom