Minnesota and WMU Recruiting Classes and Ranking

Guess if you just stay within the MAC, they have had the top ranked classes for the last 2 or 3 years. Unprecedented for the Broncos from what I read.

Did you look at the data provided in the original post? Coach before him had several higher ranked classes.

Did you look at the data provided in the original post? Coach before him had several higher ranked classes.[/QUOTE

I did PMW, but that doesn't mean the class was ranked 1st in the MAC, which is what I'm saying. (Not a PJ Fleck guy, just saying what I read.)

Guess if you just stay within the MAC, they have had the top ranked classes for the last 2 or 3 years. Unprecedented for the Broncos from what I read.

I heard that too. Did it seem odd to you? Never looked it up until today, seems that it's underselling Cubit a little bit. Cubit might not have had the top ranked classes in the MAC for consecutive years, but his classes in 2010, '11 and '12 were ranked 38, 58 and 47 respectively. Fleck's best classes were ranked 53, 62 and 64 and not in consecutive years either.

Where's Raylan when we need him? :cool:

I heard that too. Did it seem odd to you? Never looked it up until today, seems that it's underselling Cubit a little bit. Cubit might not have had the top ranked classes in the MAC for consecutive years, but his classes in 2010, '11 and '12 were ranked 38, 58 and 47 respectively. Fleck's best classes were ranked 53, 62 and 64 and not in consecutive years either.

I read an article today or yesterday and trying to find it without success. Here is a quote from a S.I. article....Fleck has never been a coordinator, and his specialization at Western has been connecting and recruiting. Western is amid a four-year run with the best recruiting classes in the MAC, as Fleck's energy, youth and vision have captivated recruits.
http://www.si.com/college-football/...formed-western-michigan-football-will-he-stay

Did you look at the data provided in the original post? Coach before him had several higher ranked classes.[/QUOTE

I did PMW, but that doesn't mean the class was ranked 1st in the MAC, which is what I'm saying. (Not a PJ Fleck guy, just saying what I read.)

Yep. Just means MAC recruiting rankings are down and his peers have had much worse recruiting classes than his predecessor's peers. Not a very ringing endorsement for him by any stretch.

I don't know why people assume Fleck is some great recruiter. WMU is only ranked higher because they have way more commits at this point. More than half their class is made of 2* guys and they have no 4* guys. Looks like Cubit recruited just as well as Fleck if not better.

He currently has 2 QBs committed with Louisville offers. It would be nice if we could find just one QB with a P5 offer that could play next year

So you're saying Fleck is a better coach?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He currently has 2 QBs committed with Louisville offers. It would be nice if we could find just one QB with a P5 offer that could play next year

So recruiting rankings matter, except when they don't (in those cases we pick a position where P5 offers support your narrative, but not other positions where it doesn't). Strength of schedule matters, except where it doesn't. Tenure matters, except where it doesn't. How do you even follow your own reasoning?

Why can't you just say, "I don't like TC. I want him fired. I like PJF. I want him hired" instead of making all these revolving theories that make no sense in some effort to convince people you know best and have diligently determined these views based on well rounded "facts"? It isn't working man.

So recruiting rankings matter, except when they don't (in those cases we pick a position where P5 offers support your narrative, but not other positions where it doesn't). Strength of schedule matters, except where it doesn't. Tenure matters, except where it doesn't. How do you even follow your own reasoning?

Why can't you just say, "I don't like TC. I want him fired. I like PJF. I want him hired" instead of making all these revolving theories that make no sense in some effort to convince people you know best and have diligently determined these views based on well rounded "facts"? It isn't working man.

Where am I picking and choosing? I never mentioned once where they were rated. They are currently a 3* and a 2*. Player rankings also change throughout the year. Seth Green was a 4* and was dropped to a 3*. A lot of people like to look at recruits offer lists. I'm sorry you keep twisting my words into meaning something more.

Where am I picking and choosing? I never mentioned once where they were rated. They are currently a 3* and a 2*. Player rankings also change throughout the year. Seth Green was a 4* and was dropped to a 3*. A lot of people like to look at recruits offer lists. I'm sorry you keep twisting my words into meaning something more.

Well, see ..... NM

Yes, to play TE.

And you know that Louisville offered those kids as QBs? Good to know. That makes a lot of sense.

Also, Seth Green's offer was as a QB. Seth got cold feet because they offered other QBs, and Oregon wouldn't promise him anything regarding QB.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, to play TE.

He was recruited as a 4* QB. Even so, Mark Coyle got recruited to the University to play athletic director yet you still seem to be 100% behind him. I'm not sure what position he's playing now, but it's not AD.

Do you guys remember the last time we tried the "hot recruiter" route? I do, and I'd prefer to forget everything about it except for how hot my chili got.

And you know that Louisville offered those kids as QBs? Good to know. That makes a lot of sense.

Also, Seth Green's offer was as a QB. Seth got cold feet because they offered other QBs, and Oregon wouldn't promise him anything regarding QB.

Oregon no longer wanted him as a QB, which is why he decommitted, and why they kept recruiting other QBs. When he couldn't beat out the other QB on his HS team, MN was one of the few places that were left that were going to give him a shot at QB. This site has already discussed this about 5 times.

Let the slaughter begin.Becky 7-0...Went through WMU on that first drive like crap through a goose.

Let the slaughter begin.Becky 7-0...Went through WMU on that first drive like crap through a goose.

When this is done, the Cotton Bowl committee will regret inviting a team who's toughest opponents were Illinois and Northwestern.

When this is done, the Cotton Bowl committee will regret inviting a team who's toughest opponents were Illinois and Northwestern.

You are forgetting Ohio in the MAC championship...

They will regret inviting a team they were required to take?

They will regret inviting a team they were required to take?

Just trying to knock the process a bit. I think the #15 rank not justified, and the overall level of competition not enough to warrant playing in the Cotton Bowl.... Beyond that, I hope they rise up and punch Bucky in the throat... but already down 14 - 0 and it would appear Wisc is going to run wild.

Game will be over at halftime. Flecks pregame speech, the only thing that was missing from the Brewster spiel was: "And on my back will be an ax ".....14-0 Becky

Who said it better.."Row your boat" or "Get your chili hot"?

Just trying to knock the process a bit. I think the #15 rank not justified, and the overall level of competition not enough to warrant playing in the Cotton Bowl.... I hope they rise and punch Bucky in the throat.
Even if they were overrated the other options for highest rated nonP5 team would have been:

Other options would have been in Navy (Bowl loser)
Houston (bowl loser)
Temple (bowl loser)

Top Bottom