Minnesota and WMU Recruiting Classes and Ranking

Iceland12

Reaction score
P.J. Fleck has done a good job over at WMU, this year in particular. Now WMU has 24 commits and is ranked 58 in the country. Much better than Minnesota's year and if Fleck stays there should get better.

With all the talk about ranking of recruits and who recruiting better, here is a list for the two schools. Might be off on a couple. Watching the Vikings and took a phone call while I was doing this. Don't want to do any more work on though.

Happy New Year!

Class - # of Commits - Ranking

Minnesota

2003 - 27 and 40 - Mason
2004 - 24 and 68
2005 - 20 and 57
2006 - 22 and 64
2007 - 24 and 59 - Brewster
2008 - 29 and 17
2009 - 20 and 41
2010 - 26 and 54
2011 - 26 and 54 - Kill
2012 - 27 and 78
2013 - 19 and 61
2014 - 22 and 54
2015 - 24 and 53
2016 - 21 and 51 - Claeys
2017 - 15 and 76

Western Michigan

2003 - 18 and 104 - Darnell - CBS/247 Sports
2004 - 15 and 89
2005 - 19 and 88 - Bill Cubit
2006 - 18 and 91
2007 - 23 and 90 - (From Rivals on down)
2008 - 23 and 65
2009 - 23 and 90
2010 - 21 and 38
2011 - 21 and 58
2012 - 26 and 47
2013 - 18 and 112 - Fleck
2014 - 28 and 62
2015 - 27 and 78
2016 - 27 and 64
2017 - 24 and 53

The guy can recruit

JtO75ED.jpg

CrdkloYXgAAlxrE.jpg

CmdVW1zXYAAQFoI.jpg

I like trophys.

The question was not whether he signed a "trophy wife" after dumping his first wife. The main question was whether he "recruited" a booster and major WMU donor's wife. Plenty of people apologized for spreading that rumor. So maybe it didn't wasn't true.

The question was not whether he signed a "trophy wife" after dumping his first wife. The main question was whether he "recruited" a booster and major WMU donor's wife. Plenty of people apologized for spreading that rumor. So maybe it didn't wasn't true.

Let the smear campaign begin.

This doesn't really matter, but I don't really find her attractive at all.

She looks trashy.

An exchange in one of my favorite silly movies, Fletch, sums this up:

Gail Stanwyck: She looks like a hooker. Look at her. Look at her! Could you love someone who looked like that?

Fletch: What are you talking about? Of course not! Five, ten minutes tops, maybe.

Let the smear campaign begin.

:rolleyes:

You saw the O.P. and then you brought this into it:

"The guy can recruit

http://i.imgur.com/JtO75ED.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrdkloYXgAAlxrE.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmdVW1zXYAAQFoI.jpg"

You think if he gets the job, in the present climate around here Fleck and Coyle WON'T be dealing with this stuff?

You've never came off as that naive before Stan.

If you have wanted him gone all along, then your position on firing him makes sense. If you wanted him fired because of how he handled the boycott, his tweet and the public reaction to the report, then hiring P.J. Fleck to replace him would be a major mistake.

If that happens then you've got to get a lot thicker skin. Fleck is a guy that I too think is gonna be a good NCAA Power Conference school Head Coach.

But here and now? Here the public wants to throw T.C. out mainly because he had the audacity to go public with his belief that all 10 of his players weren't getting the hearings that they were meant to get under the committee's standard procedures. Any apology for leaving out support for any victims of assault and a $50,000 donation to that cause meant nothing to the public that wants him punished for the tweet period. End of story.

If the public has taken that stance you think that the rumors of Fleck trolling his ex-wife and banging somebody else's wife aren't gonna be out there?

Seriously? You think hiring Fleck will make all the outrage stop and the donations flow in? That seems far, far from being a realistic vision.

The real question then is if A.D. is gonna fire Claeys for that email how in the hell can he replace him with Fleck?

:rolleyes:

You saw the O.P. and then you brought this into it:

"The guy can recruit

http://i.imgur.com/JtO75ED.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrdkloYXgAAlxrE.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmdVW1zXYAAQFoI.jpg"

You think if he gets the job, in the present climate around here Fleck and Coyle WON'T be dealing with this stuff?

You've never came off as that naive before Stan.

If you have wanted him gone all along, then your position on firing him makes sense. If you wanted him fired because of how he handled the boycott, his tweet and the public reaction to the report, then hiring P.J. Fleck to replace him would be a major mistake.

If that happens then you've got to get a lot thicker skin. Fleck is a guy that I too think is gonna be a good NCAA Power Conference school Head Coach.

But here and now? Here the public wants to throw T.C. out mainly because he had the audacity to go public with his belief that all 10 of his players weren't getting the hearings that they were meant to get under the committee's standard procedures. Any apology for leaving out support for any victims of assault and a $50,000 donation to that cause meant nothing to the public that wants him punished for the tweet period. End of story.

If the public has taken that stance you think that the rumors of Fleck trolling his ex-wife and banging somebody else's wife aren't gonna be out there?

Seriously? You think hiring Fleck will make all the outrage stop and the donations flow in? That seems far, far from being a realistic vision.

The real question then is if A.D. is gonna fire Claeys for that email how in the hell can he replace him with Fleck?

I want Claeys retained. I don't trust our AD though.

I want Claeys retained. I don't trust our AD though.

Can't say I disagree with that. Then don't get the response unless it was sarcastic. If so there are things you can use... ;)

Does she use the same tat artist as Terrelle Pryor?

Does she go on the recruiting home visits with PJ?

That could be trouble if she was there for any sleepovers those coaches in Michigan are fond of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That could be trouble if she was there for any sleepovers those coaches in Michigan are fond of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, was wondering if the net would be a push (insert your own joke here)...Mom might have an issue with a sleepover, but thinking Dad would be OK with it.

P.J. Fleck has done a great job over at WMU, this year in particular. Now WMU has 24 commits and is ranked 58 in the country. Much better than Minnesota's year and if Fleck stays there should get better.

With all the talk about ranking of recruits and who recruiting better, here is a list for the two schools. Might be off on a couple. Watching the Vikings and took a phone call while I was doing this. Don't want to do any more work on though.

Happy New Year!

Class - # of Commits - Ranking

Minnesota

2003 - 27 and 40 - Mason
2004 - 24 and 68
2005 - 20 and 57
2006 - 22 and 64
2007 - 24 and 59 - Brewster
2008 - 29 and 17
2009 - 20 and 41
2010 - 26 and 54
2011 - 26 and 54 - Kill
2012 - 27 and 78
2013 - 19 and 61
2014 - 22 and 54
2015 - 24 and 53
2016 - 21 and 51 - Claeys
2017 - 15 and 76

Western Michigan

2003 - 18 and 104 - Darnell - CBS/247 Sports
2004 - 15 and 89
2005 - 19 and 88 - Bill Cubit
2006 - 18 and 91
2007 - 23 and 90 - (From Rivals on down)
2008 - 23 and 65
2009 - 23 and 90
2010 - 21 and 38
2011 - 21 and 58
2012 - 26 and 47
2013 - 18 and 112 - Fleck
2014 - 28 and 62
2015 - 27 and 78
2016 - 27 and 64
2017 - 24 and 53

I don't know why people assume Fleck is some great recruiter. WMU is only ranked higher because they have way more commits at this point. More than half their class is made of 2* guys and they have no 4* guys. Looks like Cubit recruited just as well as Fleck if not better.

Some would argue that she should.

There have been rumors about Fleck in Kalamazoo for years. I believe his current wife if a former Western Michigan staffer (was while he was married to the first wife). There is also a kind of famous case involving a WMU booster who sued some anonymous posters from their message board for saying that Fleck was sleeping with her (if you want to google: Bonnie Zeigler).

It could all be rumor, I don't know. But if you're trying to clean up the team's image with how they treat women, Fleck might not be an option.

Some would argue that she should.

There have been rumors about Fleck in Kalamazoo for years. I believe his current wife if a former Western Michigan staffer (was while he was married to the first wife). There is also a kind of famous case involving a WMU booster who sued some anonymous posters from their message board for saying that Fleck was sleeping with her (if you want to google: Bonnie Zeigler).

It could all be rumor, I don't know. But if you're trying to clean up the team's image with how they treat women, Fleck might not be an option.

Yeah, heard the same stuff. Also got remarried awfully soon after his divorce.

I don't know why people assume Fleck is some great recruiter. WMU is only ranked higher because they have way more commits at this point. More than half their class is made of 2* guys and they have no 4* guys. Looks like Cubit recruited just as well as Fleck if not better.

Guess if you just stay within the MAC, they have had the top ranked classes for the last 2 or 3 years. Unprecedented for the Broncos from what I read.

Top Bottom