Minnesota adds Watson, Kelly, Gousby and Pyburn to 2022 recruiting class | Tony Liebert

Sounds like Pyburn could be a college level LB as well as an edge rusher. His size and playing history ("nose for the ball") remind me of 6'2" 250 LB Leo Chenel at Wisconsin ... or of NW's Paddy Murphy. Many of these recent commits are well-rounded athletes who have the ability to play and grow at more than one position. That flexibility might end up being one of the hallmarks of this unique recruiting class.

Sounds like Pyburn could be a college level LB as well as an edge rusher. His size and playing history ("nose for the ball") remind me of 6'2" 250 LB Leo Chenel at Wisconsin ... or of NW's Paddy Murphy. Many of these recent commits are well-rounded athletes who have the ability to play and grow at more than one position. That flexibility might end up being one of the hallmarks of this unique recruiting class.
I thought the same thing when I looked at Pyburn's video clips in another thread. Looks like he could be a real monster inside as well as on the edge.

I thought the same thing when I looked at Pyburn's video clips in another thread. Looks like he could be a real monster inside as well as on the edge.
Pyburn is already as big as MSM and Gibbens. If his size is refined in the weight room, and his ball seeking instincts are as good as they seem, there are a few places he could be deployed. In his final year with the Gophers, Damien Wilson played Mike at about 250 lbs. and was very effective.

Top Bottom