Minnesota’s P.J. Fleck praises Rutgers’ Joe Harasymiak, talks facing Greg Schiano for 1st time; "If it wasn’t for Greg, I wouldn’t be a coach"

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Brian:

Asked what it will be like to face Schiano for the first time while sitting at a podium Tuesday at Big Ten Media Days, Fleck reverted to his default mode: waxing poetic about “one of the most influential people” in his life.

“Greg is one of the most influential people in my life,” Fleck said. “I always say I came to Greg as a boy and left as a man. He made me grow up really fast. He knew that I wanted to be a head coach. Everything he taught me, he had that in the back of his mind. He’s incredibly demanding, never met a more organized, detailed man in my whole life, on and off the field. Still haven’t to this day. He’s intense. He loves Rutgers, he loves New Jersey and he loves football and he loves it his own way, which is what makes him really special. He’s in a perfect fit, which allows Greg to be Greg. … If it wasn’t for Greg, I wouldn’t be a coach. I owe everything to him.”

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom