Miles Fleming Hits The Portal

Guess they're going to be grad transfers, then? Because the window for non-grad transfers closes Sunday.

(Aside: would seem like a lot, maybe approaching half(?), of transfers would indeed be such grad transfers. It really is possible to get an undergrad degree in 3 years, even 2.5 if you enroll early spring, and take classes every summer)
Is this the window for when they can enter the portal or when they can sign with a team? Looks like the window is just for entering the portal, not signing.

Last edited:

Is this the window for when they can enter the portal or when they can sign with a team? Looks like the window is just for entering the portal, not signing.
Hmm! Good point.

What the hell is the point of these windows, then?

Guess they're going to be grad transfers, then? Because the window for non-grad transfers closes Sunday.

(Aside: would seem like a lot, maybe approaching half(?), of transfers would indeed be such grad transfers. It really is possible to get an undergrad degree in 3 years, even 2.5 if you enroll early spring, and take classes every summer)

Players just have to enter the portal by 4/30. They can choose a school at anytime after that.

Players just have to enter the portal by 4/30. They can choose a school at anytime after that.
:ROFLMAO:
Just silly.

So you can sign the day before fall camp starts. Hell, you can sign after fall camp starts.

But you better be in the portal by 4/30!!! Because …. yeah!!!

MN will be facing the Air Attack from WI, a pro-style passing game from NE, and even IA may have a legitimate passing attack.
So MN better find more quality CBs soon.

Nubin, Green, 16 and Walley are all really good or at least I think the middle two will be. We will have to pray for good health for them while we build some depth.

:ROFLMAO:
Just silly.

So you can sign the day before fall camp starts. Hell, you can sign after fall camp starts.

But you better be in the portal by 4/30!!! Because …. yeah!!!
This keeps players from leaving all summer and allows teams to actually fill a full roster instead off adding and subtracting all year.

Yeah, but it keeps most players from leaving after the 30th.
Will it actually be most?? That’s my question. Seems pretty easy to get an undergrad degree in three years. Then you get to do whatever you want to. We’ll see

Hmm! Good point.

What the hell is the point of these windows, then?
The point of the windows is to prevent recruiting before or after the window.
It also is to prevent recruiting of players who don’t enter the portal.

I am not sure it successfully does either. But I’m pretty sure that’s the point

The point of the windows is to prevent recruiting before or after the window.
It also is to prevent recruiting of players who don’t enter the portal.

I am not sure it successfully does either. But I’m pretty sure that’s the point
A player can sign with any team after the close of the window. So I don't think your first point is even right, regardless (as you say) of how well it works.

A player can sign with any team after the close of the window. So I don't think your first point is even right, regardless (as you say) of how well it works.
The window prevents a team from suffering massive losses to their roster without having time to find replacements. Yes some will still grad transfer here and there, but how many on a roster are eligible to grad transfer, actually interested in transferring, and going to wait so late to enter the portal? I’m guessing very few.

I meant recruiting of players not in the portal after the window closes.

Yeah, but they all suck because Deion says so.
It doesn't take Deion to say so. Anyone with a brain could reckon that one of the worst Power 5 teams to ever exist had a roster full of players who suck. They didn't hire him because things were going well there.

It doesn't take Deion to say so. Anyone with a brain could reckon that one of the worst Power 5 teams to ever exist had a roster full of players who suck. They didn't hire him because things were going well there.
Or the coaches couldn't coach.

2021 Arizona was also 1-11.

Interesting that both that team and 2022 Colorado (1-11) had their only win of their respective seasons over Cal.

Or the coaches couldn't coach.
It was both. Karl Dorrell is a nice guy who is not fit to be a head coach. His ceiling is NFL or high-major WR coach, and somehow he's talked his way into two high-major head coaching jobs. We can all testify as to how awful Mike Sanford is, and he too talked his way into yet another high-major OC job after being just plain terrible here. His ceiling isn't even as high as Dorrell's - something like QB coach for Kent St. - and yet they were the #1 and #2 on that coaching staff last year.

"and somehow he's talked his way into two high-major head coaching jobs."

Who are these P5 athletic directors who would hire some guy to his first head coaching gig being at a P5 school????

I tell ya! :(

Top Bottom