Mikel Horton - Rivals 250 RB with Gophers offer

Would be crazy if we brought in two 4 star RBs after hauling in Berkley Edwards.

I loved Rodney Heath. A bit undersized, but good coverage skills and a sure tackler. One of Wacker's better recruits. Here's another reason why the U needs to keep great contact with their alums. You never know when a talented son, nephew, neighbor or acquaintance will be coveted. It's a small piece to the puzzle, but it can't hurt.

The Heath family has some athletes. Rodney played for us and all or part of four NFL seasons. Rodney's brother Lee played seven years of minor league baseball and Lee's son is playing football at FCS-level Hampton University. I'm guessing Horton is the son of Rodney's and Lee's sister. Never have enough RBs.

I can envision a "Thunder & Lightning" backfield with him and Jones already. Or would it be Barber/Maroney II?

I can envision a "Thunder & Lightning" backfield with him and Jones already. Or would it be Barber/Maroney II?

We once had Maroney and Barber both went over 1,000 in 2003 and still on the team were Tapeh and Terry Jackson III who went for 900 and 1300 in 2002!

Get this kid and Jones and at least the competition at the position will be back at Mason's level.

Top Bottom