Mike Sanford Jr. said coaches challenged redshirt senior quarterback Tanner Morgan to become leaner, stronger and more explosive during the offseason.

I get the impression he has been told not to run.
Yeah Fleck has said it before...prefers his QBs not to run, and not be a planned part of the running game.

I feel like there have been so many opportunities to run in the past that we haven't taken advantage of. Yes it is a risk, but so many college qbs have that threat. Would be nice if we used it now and then.
Yeah, i don't want to see it 10x game

3-4x in right spot, no problem

Yeah, i don't want to see it 10x game

3-4x in right spot, no problem
If OL can hold up long enough for a long play to develop and that second level clear out ... could be worth a run to the sideline here and there.

No designed runs for Morgan except in a special circumstance/need. His runs should be few and opportunity based. And he should perfect “the slide,” because he shouldn’t be taking big contact downfield.

No designed runs for Morgan except in a special circumstance/need. His runs should be few and opportunity based. And he should perfect “the slide,” because he shouldn’t be taking big contact downfield.

Running seems more like a mentality. It seems like players like Morgan would get hit less if he did have more of a run mentality, he looks like a victim at times.
LBs and Safeties put a little extra into the tackle if a fancy pants QB is running with the ball.

Top Bottom