Mike Sanford Jr ruined Jordan Love's last season at Utah State

In part yes, a coach needs to put players in a position to succeed.
Are they comfortable with their role? Is the coach utilizing their strengths? Does he listen to players concerns.
Does he have a game plan that people are excited about because it exploits opponent weaknesses? And then embarrasses opponents? Iowa did.
The right coach can make an ordinary player look really good. The wrong coach can make Tanner and Bateman ordinary. And no other skill players besides Mo are making anybody notice them...that’s coaching or lack thereof.
Same guys didn’t look pedestrian last year. New guys ain’t flashin’ nuthin either.
That’s coaching. The wrong kind.
I'm not sure this idea that a guy doesn't catch a pass is because he isn't "comfortable".

You don't think it's at all weird that Tanner is now missing those passes, when he didn't last year? Do you think that has anything at all to do with, I don't know, Sanford being QB coach? No? Just coincidence?

Sure, I am overreacting. That's what GH does. Sure, it's one game. We will see. I'm just expressing my feeling on how this is going to go, based on what we know about PJ's ability to hire coordinators and Sanford's past.
Our OC from las year said that their job is to put the player in a position to make the play....and it's up to the player from there.

And that OC did pretty well.

Nobody can make the play for them.

Our OC from las year said that their job is to put the player in a position to make the play....and it's up to the player from there.

And that OC did pretty well.

Nobody can make the play for them.
You're going to ignore that Tanner made those plays consistently last year, and now suddenly seems to have trouble making those plays this year?

That's your choice, I can't force you.

I recall when he hired Sanford and he was basically asked this question, he said his goal was to help Simon go wherever he wanted to in coaching, that was his (PJ's) job. Basically a slap in the face after what Simon did in the bowl game.

Simon still stayed. That is some kind of cult loyalty to PJ. I guess he thought PJ was going to be the next Dabo, at Minnesota. LOL

That’s one of PJF’s quirks, he seems to legitimately want a rotating door of coaches as part of an educational rounding growth process. It’s also why I figured he’d be here for a handful of years and on to the next. I think so much change is however more difficult for the players. Change is the enemy of efficiency and proficiency. If it ain’t broke...

You're going to ignore that Tanner made those plays consistently last year, and now suddenly seems to have trouble making those plays this year?

So if you do something well...then don't, do you blame others?

He’s never been in a position for more than two seasons. Seems like a red flag.

He also has seemed to consistently have less time to pass than he did last year, which would be on the OL, no?

I'm not sure this idea that a guy doesn't catch a pass is because he isn't "comfortable".
Well, I'm not going to spend much time trying to convince you...but if you are comfortable you can be confident. If you are confident you can be focused and the result will be catching the ball, if you possess that ability. Sports success is hugely mental.
How did PJ succeed to level he did as a player? Mindset.
A coach can mold someone's mindset, confidence and performance or destroy it.

I think it’s pretty normal for qbs to take a step back when the oc changes. We never saw Adam Weber develop with the revolving door of OCs. Carson Palmer at USC was the same until he got two years with Norm Chow.

Top Bottom