Mike Hohensee

gold04

Reaction score
Why not have Mike Hohensee as our next head coach? He was very successful in the arena league.

Maybe we need to consider hiring Bruce Arena as our next coach. He did very well at the Univerity of Virgina.

Why not have Mike Hohensee as our next head coach? He was very successful in the arena league.

We no longer play indoors? About as much thought as your question needs.

Notice I said WAS a successful coach in the arena league.

No, Hohensee would be a reach but I do like him as an assistant, especially as a QB coach.
I think he could have really helped Weber this year.

Maturi has got to be extemely embarrassed at the Brewster hire at this point. He was also a reach
as he never had any head coaching or even coordinator experience. Another lousy choice for a head
football coach will probably cost Maturi HIS job even with the great hire of Tubby Smith so I look for
Maturi to go after a big name and certainly get someone who has coached before.

Coach Ho would be a gamble, but I would be willing to bet if he WERE the coach the last three years
our offense would be a lot better than it is right now.

Head coach no, QB coach yes

He played the spot, in a multiple set, run and shoot type of pro offense. We throw the ball a lot, why not get a QB coach that would have passion for the program, and actually coach up his QB's. I could see that.

He played the spot, in a multiple set, run and shoot type of pro offense. We throw the ball a lot, why not get a QB coach that would have passion for the program, and actually coach up his QB's. I could see that.

I agree with that statement wholeheartedly. However, I would also want to keep a close eye
on him to see what he could bring to the table as far as offensive game planning because he
could eventually be a guy that could become an offensive coordinator or even head coach
over time. That might be a reason why Brewster never brought him in - I don't know if he
wants someone around who might be a better coach than he is.

Maturi hired Brew for two reasons. No. 1 he was an enthusiastic salesman that had the potential to recruit to Mpls. Secondly, he was cheaper than a big time known name. What makes anyone think there is something different about the money today. Also remember that this applies to the assistants just as much or more.

NCGO4

Well, those were two big reasons why Brewster got the job, but I think Brewster
sold Maturi with a good interview and convinced him he would be a good coach.

Now three years later, Brewster's weaknesses have all been exposed and I think
Maturi sees the value that an experienced coach brings to the table.

I would be willing to bet anyone 1000.00 right now that Maturi won't make that
same mistake again. The next coach he hires will most likely come with head coaching
experience but at the very least will be a hot coordinator with a big name.

Maturi hired Brew for two reasons. No. 1 he was an enthusiastic salesman that had the potential to recruit to Mpls. Secondly, he was cheaper than a big time known name. What makes anyone think there is something different about the money today. Also remember that this applies to the assistants just as much or more.

I believe the Hageman is the one Minneapolis player on the roster. If recruiting Minneapolis was one of the two reasons to bring him in, then it doesn't look good.

Seriously, Minnesota football needs it's inner city and 1st ring suburbs to start producing skill position players. It would help significantly if the HS programs in Mpls, Stpl, Columbia Heights, Roseville, etc were producing talent. Ohio State gets players from Cleveland, Columbus, Toledo, Akron, etc. We don't have the population of Ohio (maybe someday if their economy doesn't straighten out), but we need our population hubs to make things easier for our coaching staff.

I believe the Hageman is the one Minneapolis player on the roster. If recruiting Minneapolis was one of the two reasons to bring him in, then it doesn't look good.

Seriously, Minnesota football needs it's inner city and 1st ring suburbs to start producing skill position players. It would help significantly if the HS programs in Mpls, Stpl, Columbia Heights, Roseville, etc were producing talent. Ohio State gets players from Cleveland, Columbus, Toledo, Akron, etc. We don't have the population of Ohio (maybe someday if their economy doesn't straighten out), but we need our population hubs to make things easier for our coaching staff.

Did you note how it said recruit to Mpls? It didn't say recruit Mpls.

I don't remember seeing any of your posts before these last couple days, but based on what I've seen, I think you need to go back to posting less often, like you did before.

I seriously think Gold 04 is Hohansee's dad or son for as much plugging as he does for him on here....

Maybe they should consider my close, personal friend Marc Trestman.

Again, the incessant localism leads to insanity...I do not care if there is any apriori "connection" to Gopher Football in a coach, in fact, I'd prefer if there were not...Minnesotans, have to get off this obsession.....

My only concern with Trestman would be the recruiting piece

Top Bottom