Mike Hohensee wants OC, says MN where he could end career, won't be stepping stone

I see the old fart is at it again..

d-bag lawrence21 is back at it ripping people for pasting links and articles who are just trying to be helpful! This is a guy who would probably sue a hospital for giving him a papercut while they saved his life. It must suck going through life as a crabby, old fart!

just because someone might want to be here and stay a long time does not mean he should be here. Recruits have never heard of him and he has been coaching arena league which is just a step up from the XFL.

I'm not saying we should hire him but, was Lawrence Maroney a big Mitch Browning fan as a junior?

cutting and pasting the newspaper, you'll love nemosgold. He links the paper daily.

Looks like a lot of people read those posts. Most of your threads are all followed my a statement from someone telling you what an idiot you are.

just because someone might want to be here and stay a long time does not mean he should be here. Recruits have never heard of him and he has been coaching arena league which is just a step up from the XFL.

Which is true, BUT it is still professional football. The players in the AFL are better than the majority of D1 football players.

I would be willing to roll the dice with Coach Ho.

Hohensee

I say hire him. I think that he has passion for the game and a great football mind. But it seems that no one who campaigns for a Gopher coaching position ever gets it.

I say hire him. I think that he has passion for the game and a great football mind. But it seems that no one who campaigns for a Gopher coaching position ever gets it.

You would think being a U alum would help, but it would help his cause more if he had graduated from Madison or worked there with Maturi.

I love having the links to Gopher blogs and articles posted here. Living in rural Minnesota I get the Star Tribune later in the day, but having links to read about Gopher news is great on the Hole. I come on here several times a day and when there are links, I click on them. I don't see the harm in it, simply don't click on it if you don't want to read it AGAIN. I have never once gone onto the Pioneer Press blog system, but I get a lot of good information thanks to the kindness of others on this board. GO GOPHERS!

P.S. lawrence21: Please shut up.

Personally I see the posting of articles as a courtesy for those who don't have the time to do web surfing along with the poster being encouraged/disappointed over articles concerning the favorite team. To make it an issue of it suggests to much time on your hands or maybe the need to head to the nearest starbucks and get a cup of coffee or something! Get outdoors a little.

It is really, really not worth bringing up, IMO!

I enjoy this board for the most part. However, the part I hate is when you see a topic you are interested in and being to read the posts....only to find out that 90% of the posts are not related to the topic, but rather the bashing of the person who made the original post.

For me, I've seen enough of the "Don't post information from site that require a sunscription fee" and "You're only posting information from newspaper articles". Can't we just stick the the topics at hand? Lawrence - Is it impossible for you to bite your tongue and just leave well enough alone?

Back to the original topic, I do not hold the Arena league against Hohensee. St. Louis snagged Warner out of the league as a player and that turned out pretty good for them. No reason it cannot happen for a coach, especially a HC.
If Hohensee stated that he would be at the U long term, he probably has been reading the boards bemoaning the transient nature of U coaches!

Otherwise, he may add a bit of uniqueness to the U offense that the Big Ten is not familiar with.

Personally, I know little to nothing of his coaching abilities. I would think Brew would need to interview him and find out his philosophy in order to see how it would mesh with where he wants to go. Since Hohensee was a good passing QB, I am certain he has both a passion and understanding of how to run an offense.

One thing I am encouraged by is that with the sifting of the remaining candidates, it appears that even though there is no home run candidate like Norm Chow, there seem to be some quality up and coming candidates to chose from who may blend very well with Davis and create some new wrinkles to the offense which the BT may have trouble adjusting to for a while.

i don't know much about this guy (except that he was a QB at u of m i think), but what experience does he have besides arena league? would his experience coaching in AL allow him to bring anything unusual to the big ten? or would it be a hindrance?

I can see many ilegal procedure penalties in our future......

Hohensee coaching career

i don't know much about this guy (except that he was a QB at u of m i think), but what experience does he have besides arena league? would his experience coaching in AL allow him to bring anything unusual to the big ten? or would it be a hindrance?

It looks like his entire coaching career has been in the Arena League (1989-present, with a few missing years in between). Head coach of Chicago Rush since '01, and head coach of four other AFL teams prior.

Also spent time as a player in USFL, CFL, AFL, and in the NFL during the 1987 players strike.

http://www.chicagorush.com/roster_View.asp?ID=6&Unit=Coach

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Hohensee

truly hate to bring this up again, but one of the advantages to posting articles is simply to discuss the articles themselves on the board!

my wild a*sed guess for OC

This just occurred to me while jogging today --- Tim Davis. I know its way out of the box, but could we hear Brewster say, "We have searched the entire country for our next OC and the best candidate was sitting right under our noses,"? OK its a crazy thought and I was in oxygen debt when I had the thought.

This just occurred to me while jogging today --- Tim Davis. I know its way out of the box, but could we hear Brewster say, "We have searched the entire country for our next OC and the best candidate was sitting right under our noses,"? OK its a crazy thought and I was in oxygen debt when I had the thought.

Many speculated that the original plan was to have Davis be the OC from the onset of his hiring. Obviously that has not come to pass, but I don't think it's an outlandish thought.

It looks like his entire coaching career has been in the Arena League (1989-present, with a few missing years in between). Head coach of Chicago Rush since '01, and head coach of four other AFL teams prior.

Also spent time as a player in USFL, CFL, AFL, and in the NFL during the 1987 players strike.

http://www.chicagorush.com/roster_View.asp?ID=6&Unit=Coach

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Hohensee

Thanks GopherBeef! He has shown he is happy being in the upper midwest for an extended period of time so it doesn't look like he will dart to warmer places. If you look at his record he has been a consistent winner and has had one of the better offenses and defenses year after year in the league. Also his team's records have progressively gotten better too.

http://www.arenafan.com/history/?page=yearly&league=1&fpage=standings&year=2008

(You can change the year near the top of the records)

My vote is yes!

Does Hohensee get the strib delivered or does he read it online?
I'm dying to find out

Top Bottom