Mike Bruesewitz's fantastic turnover!!!!

How about a little credit to Rodney.

His active arms on the inbound and his trash talk (according Amelia's blog) combined to help cause the TO.

Does it matter when a player commits to his shot? I guess what I am asking, is if I were capable of jumping from half court to the hoop to dunk, would an opposing player be allowed to get set between me and the basket if he didn't do it until I left the ground?

I would have thought so, but it sounds like people are saying it matters whether or not Austin had already commited to shot, which I didn't think mattered. I am not saying it was a good call, I just didn't think that part was relevant.

+1. Took the words right out of my mouth. He was shuffling his feet virtually from the time the ref handed him the ball. I think a lot of kids don't know that moving your feet on an in-bound play (not after a made basket) is traveling. Of course Bozo's was more blatant than that, but as you stated, even shuffling your feet is traveling.

Actually, that isn't true. The rule isn't enforced like a traveling. An inbounder can move within a three-foot box from the point at which they are standing on a stationary inbound like that. Basically they legally get a step in either direction. They cannot move beyond that three-foot box. They can also move forward and backward legally. It is not enforced like a travel, you can shuffle your feet, and you can even take a step, if it is restrained with the three-foot box.

Actually, that isn't true. The rule isn't enforced like a traveling. An inbounder can move within a three-foot box from the point at which they are standing on a stationary inbound like that. Basically they legally get a step in either direction. They cannot move beyond that three-foot box. They can also move forward and backward legally. It is not enforced like a travel, you can shuffle your feet, and you can even take a step, if it is restrained with the three-foot box.

Good call. Learn something new every day. Thanks!

I found the official NCAA rule book language:

"Section 18. Designated Spot
Art. 1. The designated throw-in spot shall be 3-feet wide with no depth
limitation.
Art. 2. The designated spot is the location at which a thrower-in is presented
disposal of the ball out of bounds.
Art. 3. The thrower-in must keep one foot on or over the designated spot
until the ball is released. Pivot foot restrictions and the traveling rule are not
in effect for a throw-in."

Good call. Learn something new every day. Thanks!

I found the official NCAA rule book language:

"Section 18. Designated Spot
Art. 1. The designated throw-in spot shall be 3-feet wide with no depth
limitation.
Art. 2. The designated spot is the location at which a thrower-in is presented
disposal of the ball out of bounds.
Art. 3. The thrower-in must keep one foot on or over the designated spot
until the ball is released. Pivot foot restrictions and the traveling rule are not
in effect for a throw-in."

he went beyond 3 feet for sure. The reason he did though was because they were defending the hell out of that play. No one was open and he panicked.

Let's face it - if Bruesewitz was on our team, GH would love his grit and emotion. I like the kid's game - the inbounds he made to Brust in the Michigan game was spectacular. Calling him "Bozo the Clown" and such is pretty childish.

Let's face it - if Bruesewitz was on our team, GH would love his grit and emotion. I like the kid's game - the inbounds he made to Brust in the Michigan game was spectacular. Calling him "Bozo the Clown" and such is pretty childish.

Is it any different than when people call Trevor Greg Oden? Or Andre Cam Newton?

Is it our fault his look alike happens to be a clown? Is Richard Simmons a better comparison?

He's not a terrible player by any means, but he does in fact, look like a clown with that hair.

Is it any different than when people call Trevor Greg Oden? Or Andre Cam Newton?

Is it our fault his look alike happens to be a clown? Is Richard Simmons a better comparison?

He's not a terrible player by any means, but he does in fact, look like a clown with that hair.

Yes, it is different. And if you can't tell why then you're not trying hard enough.

I was thinking Ralph Malph from Happy Days.

Oden and Newton? Who else says that? Dre and Trevor look absolutely nothing like them.

Oden and Newton? Who else says that? Dre and Trevor look absolutely nothing like them.

Trevor and Dre went back and forth on twitter posting pics of those two at each other that they look alike. A national columnist said he liked that Trevor looked like Greg Oden and Trev has referred to Dre as a Newton look alike multiple times.

+1. Took the words right out of my mouth. He was shuffling his feet virtually from the time the ref handed him the ball. I think a lot of kids don't know that moving your feet on an in-bound play (not after a made basket) is traveling. Of course Bozo's was more blatant than that, but as you stated, even shuffling your feet is traveling.

I'll chime in with an earlier poster. I was never much of a basketball player, but we were taught this in 7th grade.

I give you from the Royal Family, Queen Elizabeth I

View attachment 1954View attachment 1955

Hahaha, that's awesome!

On the topic of look-alikes, ever since John Groce started coaching at Illinois, I have thought he looked like Lex Luthor from the show Smallville.

508e336c4bd36.image.jpg

UBLTD00Z.jpg

Going back to the actual turnover, it looked like Rodney was saying something to Raggedy Ann right before he inbounded, I wonder if he didn't get inside his head and distract him a little bit.

Anyone seen a video clip of this? I want to relive this moment!

Hahaha, that's awesome!

On the topic of look-alikes, ever since John Groce started coaching at Illinois, I have thought he looked like Lex Luthor from the show Smallville.

508e336c4bd36.image.jpg

UBLTD00Z.jpg

Interesting.......I enjoy the comercial where John Groce speaks. He sounds like a cross between Sling Blade and Darth Vader. His half time pep talks must be riveting.

Going back to the actual turnover, it looked like Rodney was saying something to Raggedy Ann right before he inbounded, I wonder if he didn't get inside his head and distract him a little bit.

According to Amelia's blog on Star Tribune, Rodney said something to Carrot Top about the charge. He got into his head.

Interesting.......I enjoy the comercial where John Groce speaks. He sounds like a cross between Sling Blade and Darth Vader. His half time pep talks must be riveting.

There was quite a bit of him on the last installment of The Journey if you can find it.

I can see the Cam comparison a little but the Oden one is insulting to Trevor.

Trevor and Dre went back and forth on twitter posting pics of those two at each other that they look alike. A national columnist said he liked that Trevor looked like Greg Oden and Trev has referred to Dre as a Newton look alike multiple times.

There was quite a bit of him on the last installment of The Journey if you can find it.

Thanks, I'll have to look for that.

Now that I think of it, maybe he sounded more like a combo of Sling Blade and the warden on Cool Hand Luke.....

Top Bottom