Mickey Joseph Tuesday presser transcript

swingman

Reaction score

On coaching in the Big Ten:

“They are 23 and 24 years old. I came from the SEC. So when you look at that SEC depth chart and you are seeing a bunch of juniors that means that is a good football team. Here when you see a bunch of juniors and seniors that means they have been in the program a long time and they are a pretty good team. You have five and six year seniors this week from MInnesota. This is another sixth-year quarterback that we are going against. That is unheard of. That is not happening in that other conference. It is an older league. This league executes and they do not make many mistakes. It is a well-coached league.”

On Minnesota's running back Mohamed Ibrahim

“He is a monster man. He runs low to the ground. He gets his pads down and he finishes runs. We saw that last week and now we are going to see it again this week. That is one thing about this league. This league has some backs. He is a tough kid and we have to game tackle him. One-on-one tackle he will probably run through that. He has big tree trunks do you see how he is built? He is a good looking dude.”

On ideal Big Ten offense:

“If you look around and you look on this side you have to be able to run the ball and you have to be able to move people off the point. You have to be able to have a strong run game. Run game can eat the clock up and shorten the game. That is what I see. You have to be able to adjust to this league. That is what I am learning. This league they are going to run the football they are going to eat clock and they are going to keep your offense on the sideline. That is the vision. That is what you have to get to.”

On Tanner:

“He gets the ball out quick, but he manages the offense. He gets them in the right run plays. He has been in the system six years. He is a really good quarterback and that is what you are facing. You are facing another guy that is going to manage the offense and get them in the right plays and not make mistakes with the football.”

Top Bottom