Mickey Joseph: “You got to recruit your ass off. We ain’t chasing Iowa, Minnesota and Wisconsin. We are chasing Ohio State.”

This smarmy attitude is why I would sell my children for the right to keep smacking Nebraska around.

I'd sell Vandy's children too if we can keep the Huskers as our Little Brother.

Their fans and entire program are up there with the Miami Hurricane fans as who think it's 20+ years ago still.

Go Gophers!!

I'd sell Vandy's children too if we can keep the Huskers as our Little Brother.

Their fans and entire program are up there with the Miami Hurricane fans as who think it's 20+ years ago still.

Go Gophers!!
At least those Miami fans can make a strong claim to having the best team ever. They played this century and pounded Nebraska.

That's another strike against the Huskers.

There is a dynamic in play… you can’t help but feel sorry for them at times given how much their program means to their fans. But any time a sentiment like that sticks its foot in your door, something new on Twitter guarantees you can’t help but want to violently slam it shut - not only to keep them in the cold abyss outside, but also to hurt that foot in the process.

Because he wants the job, and that is what the Nebraska fans expect from a recruiting stand point.
Yes you can reiterate how important recruiting is and that you want to recruit with the best in the country without saying it like scumbag.

MJ has 5 weeks left in his on the job training for Trev. Nebby wants to see the good ol' days..... If he doesnt talk the talk, he has no shot at the job - probably doesn't anyhow. The only real poor choice there is stating it with the teams you need to beat to even make a bowl coming up on your schedule. Recruiting may be all he has left - if they dont run the table, they arent going anywhere.

From a recruiting standpoint, I'm not sure this is wrong (at least over the past five years or so). Frost had a pretty clear advantage in recruiting rankings over the rest of the West; where they were "chasing Minnesota, Iowa, and Wisconsin" was in the B1G standings.

From a recruiting standpoint, I'm not sure this is wrong (at least over the past five years or so). Frost had a pretty clear advantage in recruiting rankings over the rest of the West; where they were "chasing Minnesota, Iowa, and Wisconsin" was in the B1G standings.
He did but a lot of commitments either fell through or transferred out too.

Even so they were still a ways away from the Ohio States of the world...

I'm not sure. He's the safety fall back for Trev as they find out other big names aren't interested.
The more power 5 jobs that come open the better for his chances of landing the gig. He is probably a longshot but if the big fish they go after turn them down I could see them giving him a shot.

There is a dynamic in play… you can’t help but feel sorry for them at times given how much their program means to their fans. But any time a sentiment like that sticks its foot in your door, something new on Twitter guarantees you can’t help but want to violently slam it shut - not only to keep them in the cold abyss outside, but also to hurt that foot in the process.
Nah to the bold part. Would never feel sorry for them.

We ate it up when Salem returned to the U and had that rose stem in his mouth and it was pasted on billboards. Brewster had the sod from the Rose Bowl. Fleck is going to follow the North Star and bridge now with the glory years. Coach stuff.

In terms of recruiting, which is now directly tied with NIL, he's pretty much spot on. Nebraska is only chasing Ohio State.

Nebraska's NIL contributions are 2nd only to Ohio State in the conference and could very well pass them soon.

Joseph won’t get the job, but what’s he supposed to say? Unless he wants to crucify Frost and say he left us behind Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin and this is a complete rebuild that will take time to be rebuilt the right way, etc., his only choice is to say the race is to catch OSU to be the best in the conference otherwise they’d fire him on the spot as the fan base would be in an uproar if he admitted they’re a middle of the pack to bottom dweller in the conference right now

Right now, Nebraska is tied with the Gophers in the B1G West.
.....and they are 2 TD dogs at home to them. They would prob storm the field if they beat us!

Suckeraska?
You’re staring down 2 decades of SUCK!!!
Get used to it.

Top Bottom