Michigan

gopherfield

Reaction score
I recall going to Michigan two years ago and getting blasted 58 -0. After two underwhelming wins over Akron and UConn, it looks like MN is just what the doctor ordered after a bye week. Michigan dominated us on both lines in 2011 for the 58-0 blowout, as we had zero offensive ability to run, pass, protect etc, and our defense was on the field for the whole game getting gashed. Michigan had to like what they saw yesterday from Iowa, and if it wasn't already obvious, - all of our B1G opponents' game-plans have been finalized after the Iowa game. It goes without saying that the B1G has much larger OL, DL, and LBs than our non-conference foes, and I would envision MI, NE, WI, PSU doing exactly what Iowa did yesterday. So, we get Michigan on the road after their bye week with the Iowa game on tape. We have no Purdue or 2012 Illinois squads on our schedule, and even Indiana is a road-game. Remember, Kill and staff always have a big 3rd Year jump in wins at their turn-around projects, - it looks like a very long season now.:(

In all fairness to Kill... he said himself that his "Year 3 Turnaround" would not occur at Minnesota in the Win-Loss column & there is a reason the experts picked us to be an improved team despite possibly not having a winning record. If Kill & crew can fix the Offense after now seeing that the vanilla style play-calling won't work against Big Ten caliber athletes. We'll find out next week if Kill has it in him to make the proper adjustments after today's game. If we lose to Michigan but play tight at least it shows there is SOME improvement, but if we get a repeat of 2011 after Michigan struggled against UConn & were 1 completion away from losing to Akron, there's definitely gonna be some very upset fans...

I recall going to Michigan two years ago and getting blasted 58 -0. After two underwhelming wins over Akron and UConn, it looks like MN is just what the doctor ordered after a bye week. Michigan dominated us on both lines in 2011 for the 58-0 blowout, as we had zero offensive ability to run, pass, protect etc, and our defense was on the field for the whole game getting gashed. Michigan had to like what they saw yesterday from Iowa, and if it wasn't already obvious, - all of our B1G opponents' game-plans have been finalized after the Iowa game. It goes without saying that the B1G has much larger OL, DL, and LBs than our non-conference foes, and I would envision MI, NE, WI, PSU doing exactly what Iowa did yesterday. So, we get Michigan on the road after their bye week with the Iowa game on tape. We have no Purdue or 2012 Illinois squads on our schedule, and even Indiana is a road-game. Remember, Kill and staff always have a big 3rd Year jump in wins at their turn-around projects, - it looks like a very long season now.:(

Yes, the blue print has been set: Seal the Gophers LBs in the interior and run outside sweeps and disguised screenplays. Run trap plays and punch it up the gut, and throw occasional bombs to open wide-outs. While the Gophers are on offense put more defenders at LOS and disrupt the the QB's rythm, pluck the RB, and dare them to throw to the WRs. Stop the run all day and pass rush, and there is hardly anybody there to catch the ball because QBs are always running for their lives. There were multiple occasions where it seems like the receivers were also bumping into each other yesterday. Keep the TOS at 33/67 split or longer and the Gophers won't have a chance at a comeback.

Hopefully, the Gophers will get stronger with each teaching moment even in defeat. Sooner or later, one or two teams are ripe for an upset when they start taking the Gophers for granted. That is my hope.

If our wr can be as open as they were today, AND if Nelson can calm down we can compete with Michigan.

Don't let the door hit ya.

In all fairness to Kill... he said himself that his "Year 3 Turnaround" would not occur at Minnesota in the Win-Loss column
So as long as Kill tells people we aren't going to be very good, I guess it's ok that we aren't?

So as long as Kill tells people we aren't going to be very good, I guess it's ok that we aren't?

Every year he can get people to fall for the promise of next year, he gets another million in his pocket. He likely knows this is the last job he will ever have so he needs to maximize his earnings right now.

Every year he can get people to fall for the promise of next year, he gets another million in his pocket. He likely knows this is the last job he will ever have so he needs to maximize his earnings right now.

LOL - I wonder what Gopherprof thinks of GopherGod's perspective? I could say what I think but I expect that would be misinterpreted too. :rolleyes:

LOL - I wonder what Gopherprof thinks of GopherGod's perspective? I could say what I think but I expect that would be misinterpreted too. :rolleyes:

Coach Kill, with his contract has Prexy K, our new Norwood, strib journalists, other talk-radio jock-wanna-bes, boosters, movers and shakers, and GopherHole posters who love to bash him by the short ones! The people in the state legislature who were SHOCKED at the Tubby Smith extension, buy out and firing have put the U of M on notice that there will be no more of that nonsense.

Coach Kill will basically be here as long as Coach Kill wants to be here. Read it and weep those who would love to start multiple controversy issues.

Getting rid of a Gopher Coach is NOT as easy as it once was...

wren - I am speechless. Your post was short, clear, and thoughtful. Looking forward to more of the same.

Top Bottom