Michigan

The-Real-Truth,

I don't believe that Tubby should be fired. But I also don't think that he has done a great job since arriving at Minnesota, with this season being extremely poor. There is zero reason why this Gophers team had to slide the way that it did and some of that is certainly on the coaching staff.

My biggest concern has been and continues to be his inability to stabilize things at PG. I'm also not thrilled with his disinterest in offense.

I think Tubby is a very good coach, but his performance since losing to Michigan State in the 2005 Regional Final is baffling. A "great" coach doesn't go a combined four games under .500 in conference play over a six-year stretch.

I don't disagree with you. I think Tubby would agree with you also. I also think that he has been exteremely unlucky for the last 2 years. If I have to have a point that I don't like about his coaching would be his team management.

I am not sure why Devoe left but I would try my hardest to keep him until the end of the season. I think Tubby relies heavily on his coaching skills that he forgets to do the other things.

For example, I am not sure why Al had to miss the 2nd half of the last year. I was a tutor for the athletic department in the past. I could tell that coaches were really worried about the players' accademics.

With all said, I am a very big fan of Tubby. I think he can do it. There is some truth to your MSU analogy but again it is hard to say what has gone wrong.

Go Gophars and Go Tubby

I too think Tubby can still do it and relies too much on coaching. I don't think he gets a pass for the last two years because he recruited these kids. However, I liked the last two year's recruiting classes, with maybe one exception, even though Oto and Elliason did not contribute this year,I believe they will be good contributors.
As far as Belein goes, I m not sure his style of play will be great for really talented players; a different version of Bo ball. He does very good things with good talent, so we'll see, but it is not obvious he will do great things with very good talent.

As I posted on the other thread- I was really impressed with Morris and Hardaway all season. They will have Novak back to drop threes. Michigan didn't make the NIT last season and almost beat Duke to make it to the Sweet 16... that's a nice turnaround.

Would be great to get a freshman ready to be a serious impact player like Hardaway, I hope Hollins has some of that.

As I posted on the other thread- I was really impressed with Morris and Hardaway all season. They will have Novak back to drop threes. Michigan didn't make the NIT last season and almost beat Duke to make it to the Sweet 16... that's a nice turnaround.

Would be great to get a freshman ready to be a serious impact player like Hardaway, I hope Hollins has some of that.

I think Coleman could too ... with all the hype around Hollins (and it is certainly deserved) people tend to ignore Joe Coleman. Minnesota's best basketball player is a Gopher as well, can't wait to see them both next year!

Top Bottom